Posted by HELP!!! on Monday, August 29, 2011 at 8:13pm.
The area of each of the four states shown of the united states is given as fractions, decimals or percents of the total area of the united states. Arrange the states in order from the largest area to the smallest area.
- math - Ms. Sue, Monday, August 29, 2011 at 8:34pm
1/30 = 0.0333= 3.33%
0.072 = 7.2%
9/125 = 7.2%
- math - Marie, Monday, August 29, 2011 at 8:44pm
You should convert all of them to the same unit. I chose to use pecentages.
California is already written as a percent 4.25%
Montana: 1. Convert to a decimal by dividing 1 by
30 .0333. . .
2. Convert the decimal to a percent by
moving the decimal two places to the
New Mexico: Move the decimal two places to the
Texas: 1. Convert to a decimal by dividing 9 by
2. Convert the decimal to a percent
Percentages from greatest to least:
7.2% , 7.2% , 4.25%, 3.3%
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - Consider a cloudless day when the sun shines down across the United ...
- United states history - What similarities do you see between the United States ...
- college - Do some research into why the United States has been so slow to adopt ...
- Chemistry - If 2579 kJ of energy reaches a square meter (m2) of the United ...
- United States History - How is this map different from a typical map of the ...
- History - Henry Clay: What did they say about their hopes for the future of the ...
- Social Studies - What did Frederick Douglass, and Andrew Jackson say about ...
- social studies - How did U.S. participation in World War I impact U.S. foreign ...
- history - why was the Open Door Policy important to the United States? a. it ...
- History - 8. What was the Eisenhower Doctrine? A.) The United States would ...