Posted by Brett on Sunday, August 28, 2011 at 2:39pm.
A soccer goal is 24 feet wide. Point A is 40 feet in front of the center of the goal. Point B is 40 feet in front of the right goal post. Which angle is larger A or B? How much larger?
Trig - Henry, Monday, August 29, 2011 at 5:26pm
1. Draw a sloped line(hyp) from Lt.side
of the goal to point A.
2. Draw a sloped line from Lt. side of
goal to point B.
3. Calculate angle between eacdh hyp
and the hor:
tanA = Y/X = 40 / 12 = 3.33,
A = 73.3 deg.
tanB = 40 / 24 = 1.67,
B = 59 deg.
A - B = 73.3 - 59 = 14.3 deg.
A is 14.3 deg larger.
Trig - Henry, Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 11:17am
Correction: A = 90 - 73.3 = 16.7 deg.
B = 90 - 59 = 31 deg.
B - A = 31 - 16.7 = 14.3 deg.
B is 14.3 deg. Larger than A.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Geometry - a soccer goal is 24 feet wide. point a is 40 feet in front of the ...
- Math - Alex made a sketch for a homemade soccer goal he plans to build. The goal...
- geometry - If a kicker is 45 yards from a goal post, which is 10 feet tall, and ...
- Math - Your school’s marching band is performing at halftime during a football ...
- math - the height of a soccer goal is 0.5 feet more than one third of its width...
- Calculus - A kicker is setting up for a field goal. The goal is 120 feet away ...
- Trig - Distance between the goal posts, 19.5 feet, is the length of an arc on a ...
- trig - A soccer ball is placed 12 ft away from a goal post that measures 8ft ...
- algebra - Suppose that you moved to a town in which all houses are dimensionally...
- Physics - A set of fossilized triceratops footprints discovered in Texas show ...