Posted by avinash on Saturday, August 27, 2011 at 2:05am.
a man sold an article at 10% loss , if he had taken 45Rs more , the gain would have been 8%. what is its cost price
maths - Reiny, Saturday, August 27, 2011 at 8:01am
let the cost price be x
then the selling price is .9x
if he had taken 45 more ----> .9x + 45
this would have been 1.08 of cost price
1.08 = .9x + 45
x = 250
check: at 10% loss, SP = 225
but had he taken 45 more, SP = 270
and what is 108% of 250 ??
maths - jack, Monday, October 24, 2011 at 9:06pm
maths - Muhammad Idrees, Thursday, January 15, 2015 at 12:40pm
Q: John sold a chair at a loss of 20% if he had sold it for $50 more, he would have gained 5%. Find the cost price of chair.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- maths - a man sold an article at a profit of 25%. if he had bought it at 10% ...
- maths - 1. a man sells a tv for rupees 3450and makes a profit of 15% . he sells ...
- Business mathematics - A man sold his radio-set at a loss of 20%.If he would ...
- math - A shopkeeper sells a mattress and makes a profit of 10% on the cost price...
- maths - the cost price of 2 articles is same as the selling price of 3 articles...
- algebra - Q: John sold a chair at a loss of 20% if he had sold it for $50 more, ...
- Microeconomics - The quantity of TVs sold is 100 at the unit price $200. Suppose...
- maths - 1.two houses are bought for rupees 65000 each. the first is sold at a ...
- maaaath - on selling 250 apples , a man loses the selling price of 10 apples . ...
- maths - due to competition,a trader allows a discount of 15% on the marked price...