Posted by IT210 on .
You are an accountant setting up a payroll system for a small firm. Each line of the table in Appendix G indicates an employee’s salary range and corresponding base tax amount and tax percentage. Given a salary amount, the tax is calculated by adding the base tax for that salary range and the product of percentage of excess and the amount of salary over the minimum salary for that range. • Design a program that solves this problem.
• Generate a set of input test values.
• Perform a design walkthrough to verify your design.
I am confuse on how to go about design the the program for it.
Sequential and Selection Processing Control Struct -
1. understand the requirements of the program (from a given input salary, calculate required tax)
2. understand the algorithm of the tax calculation.
3. prepare a pseudocode that will satisfy the requirements.
4. code in the desired programming language of your choice.
5. test the code using different test data.
6. document the program.