Posted by jessica on Friday, August 26, 2011 at 11:37am.
Angle C is an inscribed angle of circle P. Angle C measures (-3x - 6)° and arc AB measures (-4x)° . Find x.
circle P with points A, B, and C on the circle and inscribed angle A C B drawn
Question 4 answers
- geometry - Reiny, Friday, August 26, 2011 at 12:42pm
Something is not right here.
You say arc AB = -4x °, but the arc AB would not be measured in degrees.
Did you mean the central angle subtended by arc AB is -4x° ? That would make sense.
If so, then the central angle subtended by an arc is twice the angle subtended by the same arc at the circle.
-4x = 2(-3x - 6)
-4x = -6x - 12
2x = -12
x = -6 , which is one of the choices
- geometry - Anonymous, Thursday, June 14, 2012 at 12:57pm
B = 4x + 10
- geometry - ketelene, Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 2:47pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- circle inscribed - --------------- QUESTION FOLLOWS -------------------------- ...
- geometry - In circle P, arc EN=66, angle GPM=89, and GN is the diameter. Find ...
- geometry - Point C is the center of the circle. Arc AB measures 5x + 2. Angle ...
- Geometry - Triangle RSU has two of its points(R and S) on the sides of a circle...
- Geometry - If a central angle of 90 degrees defines an arc on circle R that has ...
- apex geometry - Hannah constructed two similar circles as seen in the image ...
- geometry - A triangle is inscribed in a circle. One side of the triagle has ...
- maths - an arc of a circle subtends a central angle of 5pi/6 radians.if the ...
- circles and arcs - YOU have a circle with a traingle inside. P being the top of ...
- Math - Check my answers please? There are only 10 The figure below shows a ...