Posted by armando on Thursday, August 25, 2011 at 6:34pm.
a body moving with a uniform acceleration travels distances of 24m and 64m during the first two equal consecutive intervals of time each of duration 4s.determine the initial velocity and acceleration of moving body.
- physics - Damon, Thursday, August 25, 2011 at 6:48pm
d = vi t + (1/2) a t^2
24 = vi (4) + (1/2) a (4)^2
88 = vi (8) + (1/2) a (8^2)
48 = 8 vi + 16 a
88 = 8 vi + 32 a
-40 = -16 a
a = 2.5 m/s^2
24 = 4 vi + 20
vi = 1 m/s
check my arithmetc
- physics - Anonymous, Tuesday, May 21, 2013 at 8:27am
a motor cyclist goes from station a to b at 40km/h and then returns from b to a 120km/h.calculate average speed,average velocity during the round trip
- physics - Anonymous, Wednesday, June 10, 2015 at 11:51am
from a to b velocity=40km/h=11.1m/s
from b to a velocity=120kh/h=33.3m/s
avg.speed = b-a/2
avg. speed= 11m/s=40km/h
because avg. velocity is total displacement/time.
now the cyclist travels from a to b then from b to a, back to its original
position. so the avg.velocity is zero.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physics - A body moving with a uniform acceleration travels distance of 24m and ...
- science - a body moving with a uniform acceleration travels distance of 24m and ...
- Physics - a particle moving with a acceleration travels 24m and 64m in the first...
- science - a body is moving with a uniform acceleration travels 24m in the 6th ...
- physics - 1.Moving with uniform acceleration a body covers 150m during 10sec so ...
- Chels - What can you say about the motion of a body if its veloctiy-time graph ...
- physics - 1 a cyclist moving on a circular track of radius 100m completes one ...
- physics - 1.A body with an initial velocity of 18km/hr accelerates uniformly at ...
- physics - Moving with uniform acceleration a body covers 80 m in first 5s and ...
- science - a particle moving in a straight line with constant acceleration ...