Posted by Octivia on Thursday, August 25, 2011 at 1:34pm.
A ladder that is 12,5m long rests against a wall with its foot 7,5m away from the wall.How far the ladder reaches up the wall?
math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, August 25, 2011 at 1:59pm
Use the Pythagorean Theorem and solve for b.
a^2 + b^2 = c^2
7.5^2 + b^2 = 12.5^2
56.25 + b^2 = 156.25
b^2 = 156.25 - 56.25
b^2 = 100
b = 10
math - Octivia, Thursday, August 25, 2011 at 2:58pm
The foot of the ladder in 4.2 above moves 4m closer to the wall.How much further will the ladder now reach up the wall?
math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, August 25, 2011 at 3:24pm
Use the Pythagorean theorem as I showed you above.
math - Octivia, Thursday, August 25, 2011 at 3:50pm
math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, August 25, 2011 at 4:23pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - A ladder 10 m long rests on horizontal ground and leans against a ...
- Calculus - a 5m ladder rests against a vertical wall. The top of the ladder ...
- Calculus - related rates: a ladder, 12 feet long, is leaning against a wall. if ...
- math - the top of a ladder 6 m long is resting against a vertical wall on a ...
- Analytical Geometry - A 10 foot long ladder is leaning against a vertical wall ...
- maths - A ladder lies against a wall.the top of the ladder reaches 8feet above ...
- Maths - A ladder, 6m long rests against a wall. The foot of the ladder is 2.5m ...
- Calculus - A ladder 15 meters long leans against a vertical wall. If the foot of...
- Calculus Ladder Problem - A ladder 20 ft long rests against a vertical wall. Let...
- Math 2 - The bottom of the ladder rests on a horizontal flat surface and the top...