Posted by jenny on Thursday, August 25, 2011 at 12:46am.
Use the exact values of the sin, cos and tan of pi/3 and pi/6, and the symmetry of the graphs of sin, cos and tan, to find the exact values of sin
-pi/6, cos 5/3pi and tan 4pi/3.
I have found the answers to the first three using the special tables
sin pi/6 = cos pi/3 = 1/2
cos pi/6 = sin pi/3 = root 3/2
tan pi/3 = root 3
tan pi/6 = 1/root 3
I know that the symmetry of sin(-pi/6 is in the third quadrant, so 7pi/6 =
the symmetry of cos 5pi/3 i have taken 2pi - 5pi/3 to give cos pi/3 = 0.5 but i am not too sure where the symmetry comes in
With the tan I do not quite know where to start. Maybe pi + pi/3.
As for plotting the graphs of sin,cos and tan; I do not know where to start here using the pi radians (whereas as usually I am good at plotting graphs. (perhaps it is an age thing :-(
math - Damon, Thursday, August 25, 2011 at 4:50am
tan 4 pi/3 is in quadrant three pi/3 or 60 degrees below the -x axis
both x and y are negative
tan (pi+pi/3) = tan (60 deg) = sqrt(3)
math - jenny, Thursday, August 25, 2011 at 6:54am
Can anyone give me some pointers on how to plot the graph in excel please
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Use the exact values of the sin, cos and tan of pi/3 and pi/6, and the ...
- math - use exact values of the sin,cos and tan of (pi/3) and (pi/6)(which I ...
- math - use exact values of the sin,cos and tan of (pi/3) and (pi/6)(which I have...
- Trig - Given: cos u = 3/5; 0 < u < pi/2 cos v = 5/13; 3pi/2 < v < ...
- Trigonometry desperate help, clueless girl here - 2. solve cos 2x-3sin x cos 2x=...
- precalculus - For each of the following determine whether or not it is an ...
- Mathematics - Trigonometric Identities - Let y represent theta Prove: 1 + 1/tan^...
- MATH - 1.)Find the exact solution algebriacally, if possible: (PLEASE SHOW ALL ...
- Trigonometry - Please review and tell me if i did something wrong. Find the ...
- Trigonometry - 1.Solve tan^2x + tan x – 1 = 0 for the principal value(s) to two ...