Posted by MorganV on Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 4:31pm.
I was wondering how do I put "Elle se Bronzent" is the Passe Compose, Imparfait, and Plus que parfait since i still haven't gotten the hang of it.
- french - SraJMcGin, Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 6:41pm
First of all there is an error in the basic sentence. Either:
Elles se bronzent
Elle se bronze
1. For the Passé Composé, all Reflexive verbs (se bronzer) require être as the auxiliary/helping verb.
Elles se sont bronzées (the Past Participle functions like an adjective and must be feminine plural, like the Subject)
Elle s'est bronzée
2. For the Imperfect, this is a regular -er verb
Elles se bronzaient.
Elle se bronzait
3. For the Plus que Parfait, again, because this is a Reflexive Verb, it requires être as the auxiliary verb. That will use the l'imparfait.
Elles s'étaient bronzées
Elle s'était bronzée
Feel free to ask any question about anything you don't understand.
Sra (aka Mme)
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- French - Can anyone explain la concordance des temps when your first verbs are ...
- french - hmm..are the tenses correct? It is still a bit difficult on when to use...
- french - How Do You Write In The Passe Compose? ex: elle descend en ville avec ...
- french - Can you check these also thanks. Directions: Récrivez les phrases au ...
- French - I have to think of things, facts, or people I know. I have to write a ...
- French: ms sue or any French expert - Ecrivez le passé compose ou l'imparfait du...
- French - What's the difference between imparfait and passe compose?
- French - I am having trouble distinguishing l'imparfait and the passe compose.
- french - I need to put it in imparfait or passe compose /nous sommes alles a la ...
- French 1 - I have to rewrite the following sentences using the passé compose 1...