Posted by jenny on Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 4:31pm.
Use the exact values of the sin, cos and tan of pi/3 and pi/6, and the symmetry of the graphs of sin, cos and tan, to find the exact values of si -pi/6, cos 5/3pi and tan 4pi/3.
I have found the answers to the first three using the special tables
sin(ƒÎ/6) = cos(ƒÎ/3) = 1/2
cos(ƒÎ/6) = sin(ƒÎ/3) = ã3/2
tan(ƒÎ/3) = ã3
tan(ƒÎ/6) = 1/ã3
I know that the symmetry of sin(-pi/6 is in the third quadrant, so 7pi/6 =
the symmetry of cos 5pi/3 i have taken 2pi - 5pi/3 to give cos pi/3 = 0.5 but i am not too sure where the symmetry comes in
With the tan I do not quite know where to start. Maybe pi + pi/3.
As for plotting the graphs of sin,cos and tan; I do not know where to start here using the pi radians (whereas as usually I am good at plotting graphs. (perhaps it is an age thing :-(
math - bobpursley, Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 5:34pm
Your symbols baffle me. Sorry.
math - jenny, Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 6:47pm
math - MathMate, Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 7:06pm
You have been using alt-251 for square-root, which probably works for Microsoft Word, but not for this forum which requires HTML codes.
For π, type in
& p i ;
(without the spaces in-between) and for
& r a d i c ;
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Use the exact values of the sin, cos and tan of pi/3 and pi/6, and the ...
- math - use exact values of the sin,cos and tan of (pi/3) and (pi/6)(which I ...
- math - use exact values of the sin,cos and tan of (pi/3) and (pi/6)(which I have...
- Trig - Given: cos u = 3/5; 0 < u < pi/2 cos v = 5/13; 3pi/2 < v < ...
- Trigonometry desperate help, clueless girl here - 2. solve cos 2x-3sin x cos 2x=...
- precalculus - For each of the following determine whether or not it is an ...
- MATH - 1.)Find the exact solution algebriacally, if possible: (PLEASE SHOW ALL ...
- Mathematics - Trigonometric Identities - Let y represent theta Prove: 1 + 1/tan^...
- Trigonometry - Please review and tell me if i did something wrong. Find the ...
- Precalculus - I am trying to submit this homework in but i guess i'm not doing ...