Posted by marie s on Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 6:10pm.
a political discussion group consists of five Democrats and six Republicans. Four people are selected to attend a conference.
A.in how many ways can four people be selected from this group of eleven?
B.In how many ways can four Republicans be selected from six Republicans?
C.find the probability that the selected group will consist of all Republicans?
- math - deja, Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 6:19pm
the answer is "C"
- math - marie s, Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 6:21pm
Thanks, but i need the answer to all three questions
- math - Reiny, Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 6:23pm
A) choose 4 from 11 which is C(11,4) or 330
b) choose 4 from 6 which is C(6,4) or 15
c) assuming that your group still consists of 4 people
prob = 15/330 = 1/22
- math - marie s, Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 6:24pm
- math - drwls, Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 6:25pm
A. 11 x 10 x 9 x 8/(4 x 3 x 2 x 1) = 330
B. 6!/(4!*2!) = 15
C. (6/11)*(5/10)*(4/9)*(3/8) = 0.04545
- math - Anonymous, Monday, May 5, 2014 at 5:44pm
What is the cost of concrete for a walkway that is 15 feet long, 8 feet wide, and 9 inches deep if the concrete costs $30 per cubic yard?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - 1. How many ways can I select 10 people to attend a conference if 4 must ...
- Math - Assume that the committee consists of 8 Republicans and 6 Democrats. A ...
- math - Assume that the committee consists of 4 Republicans and 5 Democrats. A ...
- statistics - A company employs nine people and plans to select a group of six of...
- math (statistics) - There are 15 qualified applicants for 5 trainee positions in...
- Finite MAth - Assume that the committee consists of 5 Republicans and 7 ...
- Business Statistics - A company employs 10 people and plans to select a group of...
- math - A company employs six people and plans to select a group of two of these ...
- statistics - A committee consists of five men and four women. Two people are ...
- math - How many ways can a committee of 4 people be selected from a group of 10 ...