Posted by marie s on Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 6:10pm.
a political discussion group consists of five Democrats and six Republicans. Four people are selected to attend a conference.
A.in how many ways can four people be selected from this group of eleven?
B.In how many ways can four Republicans be selected from six Republicans?
C.find the probability that the selected group will consist of all Republicans?
- math - deja, Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 6:19pm
the answer is "C"
- math - marie s, Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 6:21pm
Thanks, but i need the answer to all three questions
- math - Reiny, Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 6:23pm
A) choose 4 from 11 which is C(11,4) or 330
b) choose 4 from 6 which is C(6,4) or 15
c) assuming that your group still consists of 4 people
prob = 15/330 = 1/22
- math - marie s, Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 6:24pm
- math - drwls, Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 6:25pm
A. 11 x 10 x 9 x 8/(4 x 3 x 2 x 1) = 330
B. 6!/(4!*2!) = 15
C. (6/11)*(5/10)*(4/9)*(3/8) = 0.04545
- math - Anonymous, Monday, May 5, 2014 at 5:44pm
What is the cost of concrete for a walkway that is 15 feet long, 8 feet wide, and 9 inches deep if the concrete costs $30 per cubic yard?
- math - dick schweizer, Thursday, June 2, 2016 at 2:51pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - In how many ways can a subcommittee of six be chosen from a Senate ...
- Math - 1. How many ways can I select 10 people to attend a conference if 4 must ...
- Business Statistics - A company employs 10 people and plans to select a group of...
- math, permutations and combination - 1. A group of 25 lecturers include six ...
- statistic - here are five seniors in a class, for each situation, write how the ...
- statistics - A company employs nine people and plans to select a group of six of...
- math - A jar contains six red marbles, four green marbles and five yellow ones. ...
- math (statistics) - There are 15 qualified applicants for 5 trainee positions in...
- Math - In a group of 54 candidates, 16 are female and the remaining are male. If...
- math - A company employs six people and plans to select a group of two of these ...