Posted by avinash kumar on Sunday, August 21, 2011 at 10:49am.
) 1 had a black and .... white dog which has been missing since yesterday.
A) a 6) an C) the D) none of these
English - Writeacher, Sunday, August 21, 2011 at 10:53am
Which one do YOU THINK is correct?
english - avinash kumar, Sunday, August 21, 2011 at 10:55am
English - Writeacher, Sunday, August 21, 2011 at 11:01am
If you write "a black and a white dog," you are essentially saying there are two dogs.
If you write "a black and the white dog," you are also referring to two dogs, but to use "a" and "the" doesn't work well.
So, not A or C. What do you think?
english - avinash kumar, Sunday, August 21, 2011 at 11:23am
white dog is definite so i am useing the hw it is wrong, and if u consider it is indefinite sound is white(vaa) so 'a' it will come
english - Ms. Sue, Sunday, August 21, 2011 at 11:52am
The only option to refer to one dog is None of these.
A black and white dog indicates just one dog.
english - jagadheeswar, Sunday, August 21, 2011 at 11:53am
none of these
english - drwls, Sunday, August 21, 2011 at 8:50pm
jagadheeswar has the right idea
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english - 1) You can borrow my car -----------------------the end of the month A...
- english - The following questions have sentences with blanks. Choose the answer ...
- English - 1. He is a black and white dog. 2. It is a black and white dog. 3. She...
- English - 1. The dog is black and white. 2. The dog is blown. 3. One is a black ...
- chemistry - which is the most reactive form of phosphorus? blue, red, white or ...
- English - 1. There is a black and white dog on the road. 2. There are a black ...
- english - Can someone check my work for me, please. 1.Yesterday he was very busy...
- English - Can some check my personal narrative and give a grade from 1-5? Mario ...
- English - Yesterday my American friend asked me how long I had been learning ...
- biology urgent - In mice, a gene controlling coat colour has 2 alleles; B (black...