Posted by jo on Sunday, August 21, 2011 at 7:10am.
Daniel, Susan and Rick bought some cookies to sell. The cookies were sold at 6 for $2. Daniel sold 1/4 of the cookies. Susan sold 2/7 as many cookies as Rick. Daniel and Susan sold a total of 120 cookies.
a)How many cookies did they sell altogether?
b)How much did they collect from the cookies sold?
c)If the cookies costs $0.20 each, how much profit did they make from the sale?
- Maths P5 - Henry, Sunday, August 21, 2011 at 8:44pm
X = total # of cookies bought.
X/4 = The # of cookies sold by Daniel.
Y = The # of cookies sold by Rick.
2Y/7 = The # of cookies sold by Susan.
X/4 + 2Y/7 = 120 = The # of cookies sold by Daniel and Susan.
Multiply both sides by 28:
Eq1: 7x + 8y = 3360.
y = x - 120,
Eq2: x - y = 120.
Multiply Eq2 by 8 and add to Eq1:
7x + 8y = 3360
8x - 8y = 960
Sum: 15x = 4320,
X = 288 = The # of cookies sold.
- Maths P5 - Henry, Sunday, August 21, 2011 at 8:53pm
b. Amt = $2/6 * 288 = $96.
c. Cost = $.20 * 288 = $57.60.
Profit = $96 - $57.60 = $38.40.
Answer this Question
- MATH - Tara was out selling girl scout cookies. She noticed that the caramel ...
- math - Tara was out selling girl scout cookies. she noticed that the caramel ...
- Algebra - Josh and Racquel sold cookies and brownies at the math club bake sale...
- Algebra - Yesterday a store earned $797.30 just from the sale of cookies. Write ...
- Math - A bakery sold twice as many cookies in March as in April.Their total ...
- math - Melissa baked 8 trays of 5 cookies each. She sold 3 plates of cookies. ...
- pre-algebra - at a scxhool bake sale ,450$ was collected for selling muffins,...
- math - azul decided to sell cookies to raise money for the needy. she spent $9 ...
- algebra - a girl scout troop sold cookies. if the girls sold 5 more boxes the ...
- Algebra 1 - A girl scout troop sold cookies. If the girls sold 5 more boxes the ...