Posted by Sarah on Friday, August 19, 2011 at 5:28pm.
How would I cite quotes from books like The Hunger Games and Fahrenheit 451 in MLA Format?
I have quotes I have to use in a comparison paper about Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury and The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. But The Hunger Games is written in the point of view of one of the characters. So everything in the book is obviously said by the narrator which is the main character. I need help like ASAP! I'm just wondering how I would correctly cite that using MLA format.
- English - SraJMcGin, Friday, August 19, 2011 at 7:19pm
Try some o f the following links for the MLA Format and quote:
- English - Writeacher, Friday, August 19, 2011 at 9:05pm
You need to have each source of information cited in TWO places:
A. the Works Cited page that is placed after the last page of your paper, and
B. in parentheses in the text of your paper, immediately after the quotation or paraphrase.
For example, this would go on the Works Cited page (with proper indentation for the second and following lines):
Du Bois, W.E.B. The Souls of Black Folk. Chicago, 1903. Project Bartleby. Ed. Steven van Leeuwen. Dec. 1995. Columbia U. 2 Dec. 2009
... and this would go immediately after the quotation or whatever:
The information in parentheses in the text needs to be as brief as possible. That's why there's a Works Cited page â€“ for all the details of the listing.
(Broken Link Removed)
In the website above, hold your cursor over the words CITING SOURCES in the left column and then click on whatever type of source you need help with. Many examples will show up. You will get two examples for each type of reference â€“ one for the Works Cited page and one for the parenthetical (in-text) citation.
You can also see what a Works Cited page looks like â€“ click on Sample Works Cited in the left column.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Why is it that Ray Bradbury wrote Fahrenheit 451 during the 1950s?
- English - Can someone please tell me what this quote means? “We have everything ...
- HUNGER GAMES - For the hunger games books. Theres catching fire and mocking jay...
- Literature - What are some sites- any sites- for the following books that I can ...
- HUNGER GAMES - Can you provide me with links to help me out with the hunger ...
- English-The Hunger Games - I have to create a magazine that would be published ...
- English - if you summarize some informations from quotes, how do you citing them...
- english books - -In Fahrenheit 451 What is Motag's numbness when hes at the ...
- books - what is the animal imagry in fahrenheit 451 pages 31-48?
- hunger games/ book review and movie review - How long is a book review? What is...