Posted by Lily on Friday, August 19, 2011 at 2:15am.
First we draw a picture that represents
1. Draw a hor. line which represents the distance between the 2 trees.
2. Draw a vertical line from the Lt end
of the hor line upward and label it X.
This is the shorter tree.
3. Draw a hyp. from the top of ver line
to center of hor line. Label each half
of hor line "a."
4. Draw a ver. line at the rt end of hor line and label it X+80. This is the taller tree.
5. Draw a hyp from the top of taller tree to center of hor line.
6. The angle between hyp and hor of smaller tree = 67 deg. It is 82 deg for larger tree.
tan67 = X/a,
a = X/tan67.
tan82 = (X+80)/a,
a = (X+80)/tan82.
X/tan67 = (x+80)/tan82,
(X+80)tan67 = Xtan82,
2.36X + 188.47 = 7.12X,
7.12x - 2.36x = 188.47,
4.76x = 188.47,
X = 39.6 Ft.
X + 80 = 119.6 Ft.
a = X/tan67 = 39.6/tan67 = 16,80 Ft.
d = 2a = 2 * 16.8 = 33.6 Ft. = Distance
Math - Please can someone show me the steps to do this problem?? Also, please ...
math - I have 2 problems that I need solved. Can someone please help me? t+36t=0...
chemistry - Could someone please tell me how to solve this problem: A pressure ...
math - Hello, can someone please enlighten me? MSI means 1000 sq inches, right? ...
Math - Determine the zeros of the function 3x^2 -8=10x. I know I rewrite it as ...
algebra 1 - Can someone please help me with this inequality problem -3-8>...
Math - Solve for x: x^4-15X^2+14=0 How would I solve this problem? Could someone...
Geometry - The image of P(-1, 5) under a translation is P'(5, 7). What is ...
Algebra - Can someone please show me the steps to this problem? I get 0,1 as ...
math - Can someone please help me with this math problem. My teacher is looking ...
For Further Reading