First we draw a picture that represents
1. Draw a hor. line which represents the distance between the 2 trees.
2. Draw a vertical line from the Lt end
of the hor line upward and label it X.
This is the shorter tree.
3. Draw a hyp. from the top of ver line
to center of hor line. Label each half
of hor line "a."
4. Draw a ver. line at the rt end of hor line and label it X+80. This is the taller tree.
5. Draw a hyp from the top of taller tree to center of hor line.
6. The angle between hyp and hor of smaller tree = 67 deg. It is 82 deg for larger tree.
tan67 = X/a,
a = X/tan67.
tan82 = (X+80)/a,
a = (X+80)/tan82.
X/tan67 = (x+80)/tan82,
(X+80)tan67 = Xtan82,
2.36X + 188.47 = 7.12X,
7.12x - 2.36x = 188.47,
4.76x = 188.47,
X = 39.6 Ft.
X + 80 = 119.6 Ft.
a = X/tan67 = 39.6/tan67 = 16,80 Ft.
d = 2a = 2 * 16.8 = 33.6 Ft. = Distance
math - Can someone please show us how to show 1500 x 2.1? I can not for the life...
math/ algebra 1 - can someone please help me explain how they got this answer ...
math - Hello, can someone please enlighten me? MSI means 1000 sq inches, right? ...
calculus - Iamhaving a really hard time trying to understand this question. Can ...
math - Can someone please help me with this math problem. My teacher is looking ...
math ergent please please... - 10.a)Solve the inequality x^3-5x^2+2x+8<0 by i...
Math -Urgent!!! - List all the possible rational zeros of f(x)=3x^3-x^2+2x=2. ...
algebra 1 - a number is less than one fourth of the sum of three times the ...
math - I have 2 problems that I need solved. Can someone please help me? t+36t=0...
college algebra - Solve the following inequality. x^3+9x^2-108 less or equal to ...