First we draw a picture that represents
1. Draw a hor. line which represents the distance between the 2 trees.
2. Draw a vertical line from the Lt end
of the hor line upward and label it X.
This is the shorter tree.
3. Draw a hyp. from the top of ver line
to center of hor line. Label each half
of hor line "a."
4. Draw a ver. line at the rt end of hor line and label it X+80. This is the taller tree.
5. Draw a hyp from the top of taller tree to center of hor line.
6. The angle between hyp and hor of smaller tree = 67 deg. It is 82 deg for larger tree.
tan67 = X/a,
a = X/tan67.
tan82 = (X+80)/a,
a = (X+80)/tan82.
X/tan67 = (x+80)/tan82,
(X+80)tan67 = Xtan82,
2.36X + 188.47 = 7.12X,
7.12x - 2.36x = 188.47,
4.76x = 188.47,
X = 39.6 Ft.
X + 80 = 119.6 Ft.
a = X/tan67 = 39.6/tan67 = 16,80 Ft.
d = 2a = 2 * 16.8 = 33.6 Ft. = Distance
google the probelm
Answer this Question
Math - Please can someone show me the steps to do this problem?? Also, please ...
chemistry - This question I really don't get it. I tried tried tried to figure ...
math 012 please help explain - can someone please help explain how to do this ...
Math - I have tried to figure out this problem and I just don't seem to ...
CHEMISTRY - How many grams of CH4 are required to produce 43 g of Cu according ...
Algebra - I've tried and tried and just can't do it. Please help solve this ...
Geometry-Solve for x - ok so I have to solve for x in this problem. and I have ...
Math - I came up with no solution for this equation. Could someone please let me...
alg.2 - Solve for x... square root x+16=2+square root x+4. I tried doing this ...
mat/116 - Will someone please help me slove this problem? Use the elimination ...