Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, August 17, 2011 at 10:43pm.
A certain sports car accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in 9.0 s (average acceleration = 3.0
m/s2). The mass of the car is 1354 kg. The average backward force due to air drag during
acceleration is 280 N. Find the forward force required to give the car this acceleration.
- physics - drwls, Thursday, August 18, 2011 at 1:44am
F(fwd) - F(bkwd) = M a
Based upon the speed change in 9.0 s, a is actually 2.98 m/s^2, not 3.0. I will use 3.0 anyway. They gave you more information that you need.
Solve for F(fwd)
F(fwd) = 280 + (1354)*(3.0) N
- physics - Sachin, Thursday, August 18, 2011 at 1:13pm
according to newton's second law;it states that
therfore,F(force of car)-F(force of airdrag)=ma
inorder to find the "F" transpond one F from left hand side to right hand side.
Therfore the force needed to give the car this accelaration=4902.
- physics - Anonymous, Saturday, March 8, 2014 at 9:32am
Not be that person or anything... but your final calculation is incorrect... it is 4342.
- physics - Anonymous, Monday, May 12, 2014 at 11:12am
my teacher book is the answer is 4.4e3
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- AP physics - A 1280-kg car starts from rest and accelerates to 80 km/h in 23.0 s...
- Physics - Top fuel drag racer can reach the maximum speed of 304 mph at the end ...
- physics - A car traveling due east at 20 m/s reverses its direction over a ...
- Physics - A bank robber in a getaway car approaches an intersection at a speed ...
- physics 11 - A 1200 kg car on a horizontal surface starts from rest and ...
- physics - a car travels on a straight road. a) starting from rest, the car is ...
- Physics - A car of mass 1000kg is travelling along a straight flat road at a ...
- physics - The wheels of a midsize car exert a force of 2100 N backward on the ...
- physics - A 1200 kg car on a horizontal surface starts from rest and ...
- physics (urgent) - A car of mass 1000kg is travelling along a straight flat road...