Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, August 17, 2011 at 10:43pm.
A certain sports car accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in 9.0 s (average acceleration = 3.0
m/s2). The mass of the car is 1354 kg. The average backward force due to air drag during
acceleration is 280 N. Find the forward force required to give the car this acceleration.
- physics - drwls, Thursday, August 18, 2011 at 1:44am
F(fwd) - F(bkwd) = M a
Based upon the speed change in 9.0 s, a is actually 2.98 m/s^2, not 3.0. I will use 3.0 anyway. They gave you more information that you need.
Solve for F(fwd)
F(fwd) = 280 + (1354)*(3.0) N
- physics - Sachin, Thursday, August 18, 2011 at 1:13pm
according to newton's second law;it states that
therfore,F(force of car)-F(force of airdrag)=ma
inorder to find the "F" transpond one F from left hand side to right hand side.
Therfore the force needed to give the car this accelaration=4902.
- physics - Anonymous, Saturday, March 8, 2014 at 9:32am
Not be that person or anything... but your final calculation is incorrect... it is 4342.
- physics - Anonymous, Monday, May 12, 2014 at 11:12am
my teacher book is the answer is 4.4e3
Answer this Question
- Physics... URGENT !!!! - A 66.7-kN car is travelling at 66.5 mph when the driver...
- AP physics - A 1280-kg car starts from rest and accelerates to 80 km/h in 23.0 s...
- physics - The wheels of a midsize car exert a force of 2100 N backward on the ...
- Physics - A bank robber in a getaway car approaches an intersection at a speed ...
- physics - A car traveling due east at 20 m/s reverses its direction over a ...
- physics - A(n) 800 kg drag race car accelerates from rest to 103 km/h in 1.05 s...
- Physics - A 76.3-kN car is travelling at 68.7 mph when the driver decides to ...
- Physics HW Help, Please - A 76.3-kN car is travelling at 66.5 mph when the ...
- grade 11 physics - sue drives her 1452 kg car along a straight road at a ...
- grade 11 physics - PLEASE HELP - NOBODY ANSWERED MY QUESTION YESTERDAY. sue ...