Posted by maria on Monday, August 15, 2011 at 6:28pm.
1.Which condition is believed to be caused by El Niņo and effectively weakens hurricanes in the Atlantic ocean?
*warm water temperatures
*high wind shear
*low wind shear
2.We only see hurricanes in the summer months because
*there is more rain in the summer.
*the winds are calmer in the summer.
*the water is saltier in the summer.
*the water is warmer in the summer.
3.Hurricanes in the Northern hemisphere always rotate:
*there is no rotation due to the Coriolis effect
4.Check the boxes below that indicate possible damaging effects directly caused by a hurricane:
5.Which of the following conditions describes the eye of a hurricane? Check all that apply.
*higher water levels
*lower water levels
6.Which of the following lists the four steps of hurricane development in the proper order?
*area of low pressure, hurricane, tropical storm, tropical depression
*area of low pressure, tropical depression, tropical storm, hurricane
*tropical depression, area of low pressure, tropical storm, hurricane
*area of low pressure, tropical storm, tropical depression, hurricane
7.Explain what the difference is between a hurricane watch and hurricane warning.
8.Explain how a storm surge forms and what effect this can have on the coastline.
9.Explain why hurricanes cannot form along the equator.
Answer this Question
- English - 1. He died young. 2. He died when he was young. 3. When he was young, ...
- Science - How does a hurricane form? A. It forms over warm ocean water as a low-...
- english- main idea full - A hurricane is a very powerful storm. It is a cyclonic...
- hurricanes - We only see hurricanes in the summer months because
- Earth Science - Please help me with the following question: 8. Observations can ...
- 7th grade Social Studies Ms. Sue - 1. Which climate region dominates most of ...
- water treatment - Which is correct for this trickling filter? a)Due to the low ...
- science - Which of the following would most likely cause rising air? A warm air ...
- Math - 4.The following table shows the high and low temperatures predicted for ...
- science - How deep is the wind mixed layer in the Atlantic ocean is the water ...