Posted by christine on Monday, August 15, 2011 at 1:43pm.
2. Simplify. Please be sure to show all of your work.
-3(-9) – |-5 – 3
3. Simplify. Please show all of your work
4. Solve 4x- 3(5x-8) =23-9(x+2) . Please show all of your work
5. Solve the following equation for z. Please show all of your work.
6. Solve -14x -7(4-7) <(2x-15) . Write your solution using set builder notation. Please show all of your work
Solve. Please show all of your work.
During one year, the Hills' real estate bill included $413 for miscellaneous services. Of this amount, 8% went to the local homeless shelter. How much money did the homeless shelter receive?
8. Solve. Please show all of your work.
Find the length and width of a rectangular lot with a perimeter of 108 meters if the length is 8 meters more than the width.
9. 9. Solve. Please show the algebraic inequality you used and show all of your work.
The Lido Company rents copy machines for a monthly charge of $300 + 10 cents per copy. The Lumsden Company rents copy machines for a monthly charge of $500 + 3 cents per copy. How many copies make the Lido Company more expensive than the Lumsden Company?
- math - Ms. Sue, Monday, August 15, 2011 at 1:47pm
Jiskha is NOT a dumping ground for homework. We help students, but we do not do the work for them. If you continue posting a lot of questions with no work shown, you may be banned from posting here.
Also see Writeacher's message to you earlier today.
- math - Henry, Monday, August 15, 2011 at 6:29pm
2. I'm assuming you meant:
-3(-9) - [-5-3] =
27 - 8 = 19.
3. 9c^3 + 7c -(3c^3-12+c) =
9c^3 + 7c - 3c^3 + 12 - c =
6c^3 + 6c + 12 =
6(c^3 + c + 2).
4. Similar to # 3.
5. x = 1/25(22x - 9w) =
Multiply both sides by 25:
25x = 22x - 9w,
25x - 22x = 9w,
3x = 9w,
X = 3w.
6. -14x - 7(4-7) < (2x-15)
-14x + 21 < 2x-15
-14x - 2x < -15 - 21,
-16x < -36,
X > -36/-16,
X > 2 1/4.
- math - Henry, Monday, August 15, 2011 at 10:33pm
7. 0.08 * $413 = $33.04
8. Width = X-Met3rs.
Length = (x+8) Meters.
2x + 2(x+8) = 108m.
2x + 2x + 16 = 108,
4x = 108 - 16 = 92,
X = 23m = Width.
X+ 8 = 31m = Length.
9. 0.1x + 300 > 0.03x + 500,
0.1x - 0.03x > 500 - 300,
0.07x > 200,
X > 2857 Copies.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Simplify. Please be sure to show all of your work. -3(-9) – |-5 – 3|
- math - Simplify. Please be sure to show all of your work. 94-24*2-2/5*1/2
- chemistry - 1.)Calculate the number of moles in 3.50 x 10^21 atoms of silver. ...
- algebra - Simplify using long division.Show all work. (-72-4x^2+8x^3-36x)/(x-3) ...
- math - Simplify. Please show all of your work 9c^3+7c-(3c^3-12+c)
- math - Simplify. Please show all of your work. 12* 1/4 +2/-2^3
- math - simplify -4(c+3)2c Please show all work
- Math (Help!) - Note: Remember to show all of the steps that you use to solve the...
- Math - 6x-4y=54 -9x+2y=-69 Which system would work best to solve? Please show ...
- MATH PLEASE SHOW WORK - Three consecutive odd intergers are such that the sum ...