Posted by Renee on Wednesday, August 10, 2011 at 7:01pm.
2. A) Jody says that atonal harmony establishes a harmonic center
of gravity. Sean says that atonal harmony doesn’t have a
harmonic center of gravity. Who is correct?
A. Only Jody is correct.
B. Only Sean is correct.
C. Both Jody and Sean are correct.
D. Neither Jody nor Sean is correct.
3. C) _______ music is written in two or more chords played
A. Polytonal C. Polyphonic
B. Polyrhythmic D. Polychoral
4.B) The _______ style is an attempt to revive the approach used by composers in the latter
half of the eighteenth century.
A. Pre-romantic C. Neo-classical
B. New Baroque D. Post-modern
5. C) _______ is a singing technique that’s part speech and part song.
A. Sprechstimme C. Klangfarben
B. Walkurie D. Erlkönig
6. A) Music that doesn’t center on a particular key is referred to as
A. intoned. C. nontonal.
B. untoned. D. atonal.
7. D) Modernism, a movement that represented an abolishment of tradition and a quest for
novelty, took place when?
A. Middle nineteenth century C. Classical period
B. Early twentieth century D. Early twenty-first century
8. B) Bebop is a style of
A. jazz. C. fusion.
B. pop. D. ragtime.
9.C) Ragtime composers often made use of
A. counterpoint. C. syncopation.
B. inversion. D. serialism.
10.A) _______ notes are produced by lowering the third, fifth, or seventh steps of
A. Low C. Minor
B. Falsetto D. Blue
11. C) Roland says that Ruth Crawford Seeger was a modernist composer. Clive says that she
was a collector and arranger of American folksongs. Who is correct?
A. Only Roland is correct.
B. Only Clive is correct.
C. Both Roland and Clive are correct.
D. Neither Roland nor Clive is correct.
12.B) _______ used themes from popular songs and hymns in his orchestral works.
A. Scott Joplin C. Duke Ellington
B. Charles Ives D. Igor Stravinsky
13.C) Expressionist music is generally thought of as
A. happy. C. probing.
B. extravagant. D. bouncy.
14.C) Which of the following composers sought to obtain a nonpercussive sound from the
piano in his compositions?
A. Glass C. Ives
B. Debussy D. Ellington
15.C) Schoenberg’s 12-tone composition is based on a/an _______ scale.
A. minor C. pentatonic
B. major D. chromatic
16.D) The _______ were interested in the hypnotic quality of the repeated melodic
fragments and interlocked patterns created by the gamelan.
A. expressionists C. minimalists
B. impressionists D. neo-classicists
17.C) The smallest distance between two adjacent notes on a piano is a
A. whole note. C. quarter note.
B. half step. D. whole step.
18.B) In The Unanswered Question, the strings are played
A. as if they’re playing a slow hymn.
B. in unresolved dissonance.
C. fast and loud for shock value.
D. in constant competition with the brass.
19.B) The most common pattern of verses in blues songs is the
A. 12-bar pattern. C. 8-note pattern.
B. 6-bar pattern D. 28-note pattern.
20.C) Standard Song Form for popular hits of the 1920s and 1930s was
A. ABA. C. ABBA.
B. AABB. D. AABA.
- MUSIC...HELP..HOPE THIS IS BETTER - SraJMcGin, Thursday, August 11, 2011 at 2:54am
Yes, thank you! Much easier for my old tired eyes! Here is where we disagree:
3. I thought D but I'm not positive.
4. I thought C but again, I'm not positive.
17. B (semitone)
18. C (slow)
- MUSIC...HELP..HOPE THIS IS BETTER - dosent matter, Monday, November 4, 2013 at 7:58pm
#2 is on pg. 361
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Music - Jody says that atonal harmony establishes a harmonic center of gravity...
- music - Jody says that atonal harmony establishes a harmonic center of gravity. ...
- music..plz check my answers - 2. Jody says that atonal harmony establishes a ...
- PHYICS - A person is standing on a level floor. His head, upper torso, arms, and...
- phyics - A person is standing on a level floor. His head, upper torso, arms, and...
- physics - a 600N person picks up a 180 N suitcase positioned so that the ...
- Physics- PLEASE HELP - A 10.0 kg cylinder rolls without slipping on a rough ...
- Algebra 1 - Two musical notes played at the same time produce harmony. The ...
- Math - Jody walked 1/3 mile on Monday, 2/3 mile on Wednesday, and 1 3/4 miles on...
- physics - A 9.0 kg cylinder rolls without slipping on a rough surface. At an ...