Posted by Brin on Wednesday, August 10, 2011 at 11:18am.
Describe the historical context and then outline the essential elements of the reforms Martin Luther urged upon Pope Leo X when he posted his 95 Theses on the Castle gate at Wittenberg, Germany in 1517. Then, cite specific practices to illustrate how Luther changed Christianity when he initiated his own reformed Christian church after he abandoned his original effort to have Roman Catholicism reform itself. Finally, what motivated various German princes to defy Rome, and the Holy Roman Emperor Charles V in Vienna, by supporting and protecting Luther? Those actions precipitated a bloody cycle of religious wars that pitted European Catholics against Protestants almost without respite between the 1520s and 1648 when the Peace of Westphalia terminated Western Christendom’s internecine, principally religiously inspired warfare.
Western Civilization - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, August 10, 2011 at 11:20am
How would you like us to help you with this assignment?
Western Civilization - Brin, Wednesday, August 10, 2011 at 11:29am
Ms. Sue, I can pay for the answer if some one can answer this.
Or if i can get some source from where I can read few pages and get the answer. I have about 3 hours to come up with the answer.
In any ways i really appreciate this help
Western Civilization - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, August 10, 2011 at 11:33am
Brin -- we are volunteer tutors who HELP students, but we do not accept money!
You'll find the information you need in this article and others that are linked to it.
Western Civilization - Brin, Wednesday, August 10, 2011 at 12:10pm
I respect what you are doing. It is great!. Thanks for your help.
Western Civilization - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, August 10, 2011 at 12:14pm
You're very welcome.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- humanities - i wrote this on martin luthers 95 theses and the main themes that ...
- Western Civilization - Summarize the issues that divided Martin Luther from the ...
- SOCIAL STUDIES - the outline achievement of Pope leo x I got: Lorenzo de Medici'...
- World History - Provide websites on Martin Luther (Protestant Reformer). I need ...
- world history - What was the response of the papacy towards Martin Luther? Give ...
- World Studies - As industry spread, the German government initiated reforms to ...
- western civilization - discuss the reasons for Martin Luther’s break with the ...
- English question! - what is historical context ? how do I Identify and describe...
- SOCIAL STUDIES - the achievevment I have outlined for Luther is : that he was ...
- History - 1. As industry spread, the British and German governments initiated ...