Posted by StuartKess on Wednesday, August 10, 2011 at 4:47am.
Number of goals : 0, 1,2,3,4,5
Number of matches : 7,x,5,3,1,4
(a) if the mean number is more than 2, find the largest possible value of x.
(b) if the median number of goals is 2, find the largest possible value of x
Math - drwls, Wednesday, August 10, 2011 at 5:52am
Total # of matches: 7+x+5+3+1+4 = 20 + x
Total # of goals: 1*x + 5*2 + 3*3 + 1*4 + 4*5 = 43 + x
If x = 0, the mean per game is 43/20 = 2.15
If x = 1, mean = 2.095
If x = 2, mean = 2.045
if x = 3, mean = 2.000
The answer to a is x=2
The answer to b is x=3
Math - Clover, Wednesday, August 10, 2011 at 3:51pm
I agree with drwls
Math - StuartKess, Friday, August 12, 2011 at 2:14am
THANKS ! :D
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Maths - The number of goals that bully scores in each game is shown in the table...
- MATH - The median number of goals scored by 8 players in a certain soccer season...
- math - During the playoffs you score 2 goals per game. By the end of the second ...
- algebra - During the playoffs you score 2 goals per game. By the end of the ...
- jefferson ore - Using digits 1-9to build following numbers largest even number,...
- math - I am looking for the median, I believe it is 39 am I correct? 26, 30, 38...
- math - Does anyone know how to explain mean, median, mode and range mean?? mean-...
- Math - Please explain to me how to solve this problem: Reid and Maria both play ...
- math - Please explain how to solve: Reid and Maria both play soccer. This season...
- math - how would you calculate the largest prime number given a number x so for ...