Posted by lizzie on Sunday, August 7, 2011 at 5:06pm.
2. Find the value of x^3 +2x^2 -3 when x =3
12. What type of correlation would you expect between the number of minutes a candle burns and the height of the candle?
a. no correlation
b. positive correlation
c. negative correlation
d. equal correlation
13. Write a function rule for the table shox
x 2 3 4
F(x) 2 1 0
Answer-f(x) = 2x
- Algebra - Damon, Sunday, August 7, 2011 at 5:43pm
2) 27 + 18 -3 = 42 agree
12) I would say positive, burning time = k * height
13)f(x) = 2 - (x-2) = 4-x
- Algebra - Henry, Sunday, August 7, 2011 at 5:55pm
2. 42 is correct!
12. c is correct.
13. X = 2,3,4.
F(x) = Y = 2,1,0.
m = (2-1) / (2-3) = 1/-1 = -1.
m = (1-0) / (3-4) = 1/-1 = -1.
m is the same @ all given points. So
the function is a linear Eq.
Y = mx + b = 2,
-1*2 + b = 2,
-2 + b = 2,
b = 4.
F(x) = -x + 4.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - Which type of correlation would you expect to see between the distance...
- algebra 2 - A 16-inch candle is lit and burns at a constant rate. After 30 ...
- statistic - what type of correlation would you expect to exist between people's ...
- Correlations - Which type of correlation would you expect to see between the ...
- Math - Jade counted the number of the students on each sports time at her school...
- Math - A candle has length 25 cm. Once lit, the candle burns away at a constant ...
- Calculus - The burning candle A candle is placed a distance l1 from a thin block...
- math - I need a definition for this constant rate of change when graphing in ...
- Algebra 1 - Jillian wants to buy candles for winter, in case her electricity and...
- Algebra 1 - ok, no one has helped me with it the first time, let's see if this ...