Posted by lizzie on Sunday, August 7, 2011 at 11:58am.
I have to write a 5 paragraph essay on being sent to a desert island.
Here is my thesis statement:
Whoever would have guessed that the reason Willie was taken out of such a bad environment woud end up teaching him a new way of survival?
How does this sound?
English - bobpursley, Sunday, August 7, 2011 at 12:43pm
I am wondering exactly who is doing the teaching: Willie, or whomever?
English - lizzie, Sunday, August 7, 2011 at 1:47pm
Willie is stranded on an island alone.
English - Ms. Sue, Sunday, August 7, 2011 at 1:52pm
A thesis statement introduces the reader to your paper. Check these sites for explanations of good thesis sentences.
English - bobpursley, Sunday, August 7, 2011 at 1:53pm
Lizzie, you missed my point: Your statement is totally confusing. Secondly, your thesis is not a statement, it is a question. Thesis statement have to be a statement, which can be argued (your points do that), for which evidence can be submitted.
English - bobpursley, Sunday, August 7, 2011 at 1:58pm
Upon rereading your original question, I wonder if this is a story you are to write, or an essay. Essays need thesis statements, stories do not. But surely your teacher knows that...
If a story assignment, you need a story line, or a moral, or a point to be told...those are not thesis statements.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Is this a better thesis statement? The reason Willie was taken out of ...
- English - I am writing an 5 paragraph essay on being stranded on an island. I ...
- Grammar and Composition - Desert Island Essay Pre-writing Sheet: Step 1: ...
- English - As a general rule, where in your essay is it best to place your thesis...
- English - Please let me know what you think? I have the 1st three paragraph ...
- english - Hello, I am writing an opinion essay on "Speak" by Laurie Halse ...
- Thesis Statement - I have to write a summary response essay to "How to Tame a ...
- History - My instructor requested that I write a reflective prep paper for my ...
- English - I am having trouble with a thesis statement for an essay I did for ...
- Grammar and Composition - Is there any one who can help me on this assignment? ...