Posted by Chandler on Wednesday, August 3, 2011 at 9:01pm.
How were the traditional Southeast Asian farmers affected by European colonization?
A. They became wealthy from the rising values of the cash crops they grew and exported to Europe.
B. Unable to compare with large landowners, they were forced to leave their land and work on the plantations.
C. They lost their land when European colonists converted vast tracts of farmland into forests and exported the wood to European markets.
D. They prospered when the Europeans divided large plantations into smaller parcels of land, which were distributed to small-scale farmers.
28. What information would be the most helpful in drawing inferences about why certain countries in Southeast Asia have a large number of Muslims?
A. knowing what countries in the region were colonized by France
B. knowing what countries were ruled by China in the past
C. knowing the location of Southwest Asian trade routes
D. knowing languages spoken by people in this region
- Geography - Chandler, Wednesday, August 3, 2011 at 9:04pm
Oops left this out
Which of the following problems is not a result of Egypt's growing population?
A. overcrowded cities
B. emigration of educated professionals to other countries
C. a diminishing food supply
D. widespread unemployment
I'm just about sure its either A or C
- Geography - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, August 3, 2011 at 9:09pm
First: I agree.
28. Languages don't have much to do with religion. How did Islam get to southeast Asia?
Last: Please reread the question. It's not A or C.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Geography - 1.How were the traditional Southeast Asian farmers affected by ...
- science - How did farming change during the Roman Republic period? A. Farming ...
- Global history - Compare and contrast European colonization of the Americas in ...
- AP European History - What is the relationship between the study of geography ...
- Human Relations - How can I compare Southeast Asian cultural values with ...
- Geography - How does geography affect economic activity in South Asia? A. Being...
- Social Studies - 6. How did the Dust Bowl affect farmers? A.) Crop prices rose ...
- European History - Can someone please describe the geography of Europe to me or ...
- history - What role did religion play in early European efforts at overseas ...
- world geography - which of the following are cash crops grown in southeast asia...