Posted by tt on Wednesday, August 3, 2011 at 5:45pm.
1.If its molar solubility is designated by “x”, then which of the following expressions best represents the solubility product for the substance Ag2SO4?
a) x2 b) 27x4 c) 4x3 d) 108x5 e) 3x4
2. Consider the equilibrium, 4HCl(g) + O2(g) 2H2O(g) + 2Cl2(g).
The equilibrium law expression for the balanced chemical equation would be:
a) [HCl][O2] / [H2O][Cl2]
b) [H2O]2[Cl]2 / [HCl]4[O2]
c) 2[H2O][Cl2] / 4[HCl][O2]
d) [HCl]4[O2] / [H2O]2[Cl2]2
e) [H2O][Cl2] / [HCl][O2]
3. 64 grams of KOH crystals are placed in 150 mL of distilled water in a sealed container. After 2 days a few crystals are still visible. The condition this system is in is best described as which of the following?
a) still reacting with the water
b) at maximum enthalpy
d) at equilibrium
- chemistry - DrBob222, Wednesday, August 3, 2011 at 6:10pm
1. Ag2SO4 ==> 2Ag^+ + SO4^2-
Ksp = (Ag^+)^2(SO4^2-)
Ksp = (2x)^2(x) = ??
- chemistry - DrBob222, Wednesday, August 3, 2011 at 6:12pm
2. Keq = (products)/(reactants) and raise each substance to the exponent that the substance has as a coefficient in the balanced equation.
- chemistry - DrBob222, Wednesday, August 3, 2011 at 6:16pm
I don't know the answer. I don't know the solubility of KOH at the conditions in the problem. It could be a and it just needs more time to dissolve; it could be c ( saturated). Letting it say another two-three days would help you decide OR it could be at equilibrium (time would help you decide).
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - A 100 L reaction container is charged with 0.724 mol of NOBr, which ...
- Chemistry - Tooth enamel is made up of hydroxyapatite, Ca_10(PO_4)_6(OH)_2 or ...
- chemistry - calculate the molar solubility of barium fluoride in water at 25 ...
- chemistry - Write balanced equations and solubility product expressions for the ...
- Chemistry - The solubility of insoluble substances changes depending on the ...
- Chemistry ! - The solubility of Mn(OH)2 is 3.04 x 10^-4 gram per 100 ml of ...
- Chemistry(Please check) - What is molar solubility of Al(OH)3 at 25 degrees C ...
- chem - The solubility product of nickel (II) hydroxide at 25°C is 1.6 x 10-16. a...
- chem - The solubility product of silver sulfate is 1.6* 10^-5. What is the molar...
- AP Chemistry - The ionic substance T3U2 ionizes to form T2+ and U3− ions. ...