Posted by beth on Wednesday, August 3, 2011 at 3:17pm.
4. As a teacher aide, if you report an incident of child abuse,
A. you must be able to prove your allegations to the authorities.
B. you’ll most likely be asked to testify in court.
C. you should keep all information related to the case confidential.
D. you’re required to contact the child’s parents first.
7. If a girl, age 7, approaches you in the classroom and tells you that her mother’s live-in
boyfriend is abusing her, a good way to respond would be to say:
A. “Don’t worry, everything will be just fine.”
B. “Can you tell me how he abused you?”
C. “You can trust me. I won’t tell anyone anything.”
D. “Let’s find a quiet place where we can be comfortable and talk.”
11. As a teacher aide, if a child wishes to speak to you about an incident of abuse, what
should you do first?
A. Assure the child that you can help
B. Find a quiet place were you can talk uninterrupted
C. Assure the child that incidents of child abuse are common
D. Take the child to a school nurse’s or counselor’s office as soon as possible
13. Prior to filing a report of child abuse, it’s suggested that you or your school do which
one of the following?
A. Provide a written warning notice to the parents
B. Document incidents of possible abuse that are observed
C. Have the agreement of the child involved before making the report
D. Collect as much evidence as possible
14. In nineteenth-century Canada, child protection could be enforced by
A. provincial law.
B. the Canadian Criminal Code.
C. animal welfare legislation.
D. Health and Welfare Canada.
15. If you suspect a child is being abused, but he or she is hesitant about sharing
information with you, you should
A. try asking questions about the suspected abuse, a few at a time, over a period of
B. report the suspected abuse to your school administrator or child protection agency,
even if the child discloses no details.
C. have the teacher contact the parents and request a parent-teacher conference as
soon as possible.
D. see if the child would be willing to discuss the circumstances with a friend.
My answers are
4 C 11 A 14 D
7 D 13 D 15 B
- Helping Abused children - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, August 3, 2011 at 3:58pm
I don't know the answer to 14.
I disagree with your answers for 11 and 13. I don't think you can assure a child that you will help. It may raise false hopes in the child. I think that B is the best answer for 11. For 14, document what evidence you have.
- Helping Abused children - Writeacher, Wednesday, August 3, 2011 at 4:27pm
In addition to what Ms. Sue has written, you need to base your answers on laws and guidelines in Canada. I could hazard some guesses, but they'd be based on California laws, which may or may not be like Canada's.
- Helping Abused children - SraJMcGin, Wednesday, August 3, 2011 at 6:33pm
For #14, try some of the following:
11. is definitely incorrect. As a teacher's aide you would not have the authority of an administrator.
13. I'd go with B.
Sra (aka Mme)
- Helping Abused children - me, Monday, May 21, 2012 at 12:07am
- Helping Abused children - Anonymous, Sunday, June 2, 2013 at 10:08pm
- Helping Abused children - Savoir, Wednesday, December 9, 2015 at 11:39pm
4 is not C....trust me :/
- Helping Abused children - Savoir, Wednesday, December 9, 2015 at 11:48pm
11 is B...kids need space and privacy when it comes to talking about serious topics like abuse from a stranger or a known adult.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- teacher aide - 1 As a teacher aide, if you report an incident of child abuse A ...
- Teacher's Aide: Helping Abused Children - 1. The Stubborn Child Law enacted by ...
- helping abused children - Im still stuck on number 11 and 17 will you please ...
- teacher aide - lesson - 02604500 - helping abused children
- Teacher Aide-Pennfoster - Im almost done finishing this course online and I need...
- helping abused children - what happens in most cases of sexual abuse a-the ...
- English College composition I - I need help on writing a thesis statement about ...
- Helping Abuse Children - What percentage of reported child abuse cases are valid
- childcare - carla is generaly a quiet girl, but recently you've noticed her ...
- Child development - If a child and mother or child and father or just a teen was...