Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, August 2, 2011 at 6:09pm.
how would you write the following expressions using numbers, parentheses and other mathematical symbols.
1. Double the sum of twenty-five and eight.
2. The quotient of fifteen and three subtracted from the product of four and nine.
3.The difference between twenty and five multiplied by the sum of eight and two.
4.Three times the square root of the sum of nine and seven.
- Maths - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, August 2, 2011 at 6:11pm
I'll get you started.
2(25 + 8)
(4 * 9) - (15/3)
I'll be glad to check your answers to the other two problems.
- Maths - Anonymous, Tuesday, August 2, 2011 at 6:19pm
Is this correct? I seem to be struggling with this for some reason.
- Maths - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, August 2, 2011 at 6:27pm
3. Good -- except it would be clearer if you put parentheses around 8 + 2
4. You didn't use the square root symbol. Let's see if I can do it.
3 √ (9 + 7)
- Maths - Anonymous, Tuesday, August 2, 2011 at 6:36pm
Thank you so much for your help
- Maths - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, August 2, 2011 at 6:41pm
You're very welcome.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- maths - (Write the following expressions using numbers,parentheses and other ...
- Grade 8 Math - Can you write them in Mathematical/numbers form I'll solve them ...
- maths - i need help with writing expressions A) double the sum of 25 and 8 i ...
- bryce - can someone help me write out these expressions? 4 more than p: product ...
- Intermediate Algebra - Translate phrases from words to symbols for the following...
- high school (math) - Match the mathematical expression with its translation. 1. ...
- algebra - Five times the smallest of three consecutive odd integers is ten more ...
- Math - The product of three whole numbers is 36. Five more than the sum of the ...
- Maths-Algebra - In class i was given this- Write Each of these Phrases using ...
- Math - WRITE THE EQUATIONS: 1) Twice a umber added to four 4 is 28 MY ANSWER: 4...