Posted by Sharon on Friday, July 29, 2011 at 7:41pm.
Could someone please check my answers to make sure that they are correct. If any of my answers are wrong, please provide me with the correct answer?
1. Marabella knows that a given amount of spaghetti remains the same whether the spaghetti is in long strands or broken into short pieces. She has acquired the ability of (A)
A) conservation. (My Choice)
D) horizontal décalage
2. Today's children, compared to children a generation ago, (A)
A) spend more time away from home at school or in organized activities. (My Choice)
B) are less close to their parents.
C) spend more time with parents in task-centered activities.
D) all of these
3. Christina is beginning to feel like a giant among her classmates and thinks that something is wrong with her. Which of the following best describes children's height during middle childhood? (C)
A) Children's height typically increases about 6 inches a year until age 9, after which it remains stable until puberty.
B) Children generally grow only about 3 inches from the age of 6 until the adolescent growth spurt begins.
C) School-age children grow an average of about 1 to 3 inches a year (My Choice)
D) School-age children grow an average of about 4 to 5 inches a year.
4. Moira's mother told her that all the third-grade girls were very nice. So, when Moira sat down to eat with her classmate Harriet, she believed that she would be nice. Moving from a general premise about a class to a conclusion about a particular member of the class is called (C)
A) transitive inference.
B) class inclusion.
C) deductive reasoning. (My Choice)
D) inductive reasoning.
5. Marc is not athletic, and he is becoming a couch potato after school. The best way for his parents to change this is for them to (B)
A) buy Marc a treadmill or other home exercise equipment
B) enroll Marc in a gym or organized sport (My Choice)
C) include Marc on a family walk every day before dinner
D) give him brochures to read on the dangers of a sedentary lifestyle
6. Starting with observations about particular members of a class and then drawing general conclusions is called (A)
A) inductive reasoning. (My Choice)
B) deductive reasoning.
C) class inclusion.
D) transitive inference.
7. Fifteen-year-old Paulo says, "All dogs bark. Spot is a dog. Therefore, Spot barks." This is an example of (D)
B) transitive inference.
C) inductive reasoning.
D) deductive reasoning. (My Choice)
Answer this Question
algebra 2 - i need answers to the pennfoster book matrices and determinants exam...
Math check and question - x is a binomial random variable. (Give your answers ...
Calculus - please check my work - differentiate each function a) y = cos^3x b) y...
Chemistry (URGENT) - I have a test soon. If you can help me with these questions...
Algebra-Please check - Please check- sqrt of 2x + 15 = x Answers: -5.3 -3.5 -3 5...
Math - Please Check My Answer I don't know if they are right or wrong and if ...
statistics - A multiple choice test has 20 questions with each having 4 possible...
drbob222 math,correction - i made some corrections for the previous postage can ...
Pre-Cal(Please help) - Find two functions f and g such that (f X g)(x) = h(x...
English - You are going to take a quiz. I'll distribute exam papers. You should...