Posted by Nicci on Wednesday, July 27, 2011 at 4:45pm.
The testing company has hired qualified peopl in the field to administer thenew test bank to subjects of different ages and ethnic backgrounds. They need a sizable number of scores from inner city, urban and country/small town subjects. Their goal is to gather sufficient data for test:
I think d
- Psychology - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, July 27, 2011 at 4:47pm
- Psychology - Nicci, Wednesday, July 27, 2011 at 4:49pm
Thanks Ms. Sue for all your help with all my questions!
- Psychology - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, July 27, 2011 at 4:54pm
You're very welcome.
Please check these questions tomorrow to see if out psychology expert, PsyDag, has added additional information.
- Psychology - PsyDAG, Thursday, July 28, 2011 at 7:02pm
You are right.
Good tests require certain qualities.
I. Objectivity indicates consistency among scorers, minimal scorer bias (r approaches +1 and is >. 90). Contrast with subjective evaluation, e.g., term papers.
II. Reliability indicates the consistency of scores when give to same individuals (r approaches +1 and is >.90). It requires good level of objectivity.
A. Test-retest indicates stability over time.
B. Equivalent/alternate form indicates consistency over various forms of the same test .
C. Split-half ) indicates consistency within a test (scores from even vs. odd items).
III. Validity means that a test "measures what it claims to measure." Although valid test needs to be reliable, reliability does not ensure validity (IQ vs. height, table with rubber yardstick examples). Valid if it correlates with criterion measure (ACT scores vs. grades example).
IV. Standardization involves two aspects.
A. Tests run with same procedures and conditions each time given.
B. The above allows the use of norms, comparison standards used to judge a specific score.
I hope this additional information helps.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- psychology - The testing company has hired qualified people in the field to ...
- Psychology - The testing company has hired qualified people in the field to ...
- Psychology Please Help! - The testing company has hired qualified people in the ...
- psychology - Time Remaining: 1. If the concept is truck, the prototype might be...
- Res/342 - Suppose you devised a training program to raise student scores on a ...
- RES/342 - Suppose you devised a training program to raise student scores on a ...
- math - please help me - 65 chemical engineering students are from urban/suburban...
- History - 1) What factors shaped the move from colonial, country life to modern...
- Language Arts - Which of the following is most likely to be an Urban enviornment...
- Math - For a class test, the mean score was 65, the median score was 71 and sthe...