Posted by Yuni on Wednesday, July 27, 2011 at 7:02am.
a liquid form of penicillin is sold in bulk at a price of $ 200 per unit.If the total cost for x unit is C(x)=500000+80x+0.003X^2 and the production capacity is at most 30000 at a specified timed, how many of the penicillin must be manufactured and sold in that time to maximize profit?
math - Reiny, Wednesday, July 27, 2011 at 8:43am
profit = selling price - cost of making it
=200x - 500000 - 80x - .0003x^2
d(profit) = 120 - .006x
= 0 for a max of profit
x = 120/.006 = appr. 120
at x = 119 , profit = clearly negative
this question makes no sense to me
What is that huge number in C(x) supposed to represent?
my type error - math - Reiny, Wednesday, July 27, 2011 at 8:49am
x = 120/.006 = 20000
let x = 19000, profit = 697000
let x = 20000, profit = 700000
let x = 21000, profit = 697000
the maximum number they should manufacture is
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- calculus - A fertilizer producer finds that it can sell its product at a price ...
- maths - A company is planning to manufacture and sell a new headphone set. ...
- Math, mathematics of finance - I am stuck on these two math questions. If nyone ...
- math - Find three brands of a grocery item that you purchase and figure the ...
- Math - A manufacturer produces certain devices. The fixed cost of production is...
- Economics - a firm in a purely competitive industry is currently producing a ...
- Math - A company reaches the break - even point when its total revenue equals ...
- Question for math. - how do i solve this? When x number of units are sold, the ...
- Economics - Assume the total cost of production in a particular firm is #50000....
- college - RNO Company's market for the Model 55 has changed significantly, and ...