Posted by kennisha on Monday, July 25, 2011 at 6:24pm.
a catering company has 15 customers orders during its first month. for each month afterward the company has double the number of orders of the previous month. how many orders in total did the company fill in its first year?
- math - Ms. Sue, Monday, July 25, 2011 at 6:27pm
One way to solve this problem is simply to keep doubling the numbers.
1 - 15
2 - 30
3 - 60
4 - 120
5 - 240
Be sure to add your numbers together to find the total orders for the year.
- math - kennisha, Monday, July 25, 2011 at 6:31pm
but would i have to use the geometric series to find this out
- math - Reiny, Monday, July 25, 2011 at 6:31pm
looks like a GS where
a = 15
r = 2
n = 12
S₁₂ = 15(2^12 - 1)/(2-1)
- math - kennisha, Monday, July 25, 2011 at 6:32pm
ok thanks you
- math - kennisha, Monday, July 25, 2011 at 6:54pm
but when i did it i got 30720
- math - Ms. Sue, Monday, July 25, 2011 at 7:41pm
In month 12, there were 30,720 customer's orders.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - A catering company has 15 customer orders during its first month, for ...
- Linear Programming - I really really need help with this question, i've tried it...
- Math - Each day Danny prepares pies for dessert.He slices each pie into 8 ...
- MARKETING - Select a company that has good strategy for developing a ...
- statistics - The average time in data to process orders received by a metal ...
- statistics - Your mail-order company advertises that it ships 95% of its orders ...
- Statistics - A mail order company has sent a questionnaire to each of its ...
- algebra - during the lunvh rush the catch of the day is ordered 24 times if the ...
- math 11 - Please help this question is from my unit on linear programing and I'm...
- algebra 1 - During the lunch rush, the "catch of the day" is ordered 24 times. ...