Posted by Tina on Saturday, July 23, 2011 at 1:19pm.
Each of the follwing sentences need to be re-written so they are grammatically correct, also they each have one grammaitical error such as subject-verb agrrement, run on sentence, verb form and tense or sentence fragment. please help
1. The bank robber escaped from the bank. With some money.
2. That brand of car goes very fast, which is why many people wants them.
3. Grammar quizzes can be tough there is a lot to learn it is hard to remember I find that it gets easier.
4. Can I call you back? I am try to escape from the giant monster attacking the warehouse.
- English - Ms. Sue, Saturday, July 23, 2011 at 1:27pm
We'll be glad to HELP you.
1. Sentence fragment.
Correction: The bank robber escaped from the bank with some money.
Please post your answers for the other sentences, and we'll check them for you.
- English - Tina, Saturday, July 23, 2011 at 1:46pm
correction: That brand of car goes very fast; which is why many people want them.
Grammar quizzes can be tough. There is a lot to learn, and remember. I find that it gets easier with practice.
4.subject verb agreement
Can I call you back? I am trying to escape from the giant monster attacking the warehouse.
- English - Tina, Saturday, July 23, 2011 at 2:02pm
Are the answers above correct? Please help.
- English - Writeacher, Saturday, July 23, 2011 at 2:03pm
With one exception, you corrections are fine.
Your reasons for each one, however, are not correct -- not any of them.
- English - Ms. Sue, Saturday, July 23, 2011 at 2:04pm
2. You're right to change wants to want. However, it is not a run-on sentence. It's a complex sentence with an independent and a dependent clause.
3. I don't see any verb tense error. You're right to break this run-on into separate sentences.
4. Your correction is right, but it's a verb tense problem, not a subject-verb agreement problem.
- English - Writeacher, Saturday, July 23, 2011 at 2:05pm
In addition to what Ms. Sue has told you, there should NOT be a semicolon in #2. How will you fix that?
Answer this Question
- English - Can you tell me the grammatical error on the following sentences eg:...
- english - I need to find the error in these sentences. 1. They is both happy. It...
- English - Write a sentence that matches the form provided in the description (...
- english - Axia College Material Appendix B Sentence Structure Review Each of the...
- com/155 - Each of the following sentences has one grammatical error. The errors ...
- English - I am in college classes and english has never been my strongest class...
- UNIVERSITY COMPOSITION AND COMMUNICATION I - write 9 sentences about financial ...
- Spanish - Verb Distinction Give the correct form of the appropriate verb, saber ...
- GRAMMAR - Good Morning- Each of the following sentences has an agreement error ...
- sentence patterns - we need some help.We write tomorrow an exam-sentence ...