Posted by babs on Saturday, July 23, 2011 at 12:58pm.
would someone write out the whole process of the following question, including solving for y so that i can see what i am doing wrong. Thank you
Solve by the substitution method. write as an ordered pair.
Algebra - Mithra, Saturday, July 23, 2011 at 5:57pm
8x - 3y = 94 ---- Equation 1
2x + 22 = y ---- Equation 2
Sub y = 2x + 22 in equation 1
8x - 3(2x + 22) = 94
8x - 6x - 66 = 94
2x = 94 + 66
2x = 160
x = 160/2
x = 80
Now sub x = 8 in eq 1 or eq 2 and find for y
algebra - Mithra, Saturday, July 23, 2011 at 6:06pm
Sorry, I made a mistake.
Substitute x = 80 in equation 1 or equation 2 and fine for y.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Solve the following system using substitution. Write the solution as an ...
- Algebra - I just wanted to verify the answer I came up with. Solve by the ...
- Algebra - Solve by substitution method. 6x+9y=-12 -5x+y=27 What is the solution ...
- algebra - use method of substitution to solve the system of linear equations. 2x...
- college Algebra - solve by the substitution method. 8x+3y=-40 x=48-7y THE ANSWER...
- math algebra - Solve the following system using elimination. If a single ...
- Algebra - Solve by substitution or elimination method: 4x – 5y = 14 -12x + 15y...
- Algebra 1a - Solve by the substitution method. 5x + 8y=0 x=2 2y Type ordered ...
- Algebra 2 - Evaluate the function when x=1. f(x)=4x-2. Write the input and ...
- Math - I need help,my example: The sales representative say there are two floor ...