Posted by Hannah on Thursday, July 21, 2011 at 5:49pm.
the problem asks to complete an ANOVA table and report the relevant SS, df, MS, and F values, and find the critical value for the F-values. I found my F values: they were 3 and 16. I do not understand how to find the critical value.
Statistics(Please help) - bobpursley, Thursday, July 21, 2011 at 6:11pm
The critical value is found in a table, it is a measure of the probability density function.
Statistics(Please help) - MathGuru, Thursday, July 21, 2011 at 6:13pm
I'm not quite sure what you are asking, but I will give you an example and hope it helps.
Suppose we have the following table with the values included:
To get some of these values, we can do a few things:
SS total = SS between + SS within = 16.93 (from the table).
To calculate df between:
k - 1 = 3 - 1 = 2
Note: k = number of levels.
To calculate df within:
N - k = 15 - 3 = 12
Note: N = total number of values in all levels.
df total = df between + df within = 14 (from the table).
To calculate MS between:
SS between/df between = (8.13)/2 = 4.065
To calculate MS within:
SS within/df within = (8.8)/12 = 0.73
To calculate F-ratio:
MS between/MS within = (4.065)/(0.73) = 5.57
I hope this will help.
Statistics(Please help) - Hannah, Thursday, July 21, 2011 at 7:08pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Complete the table for each function. 1. f(x) = √x The x values ...
- statistics - Im am so lost.... A bank conducts a survey in which it randomly ...
- statistics - Using the z-table (Table E) find the critical value (or values) for...
- statistic - A researcher conducts an experiment comparing three treatment ...
- statistics - Using the z table, find the critical value (or values) for an = 0....
- Psychology Statistics - In a past class exam paper you have to complete a 2x3 ...
- chemistry - If the Kf value is known to be 2.0 x 10^3. The experimental values ...
- Maths - I need to make tables of values for both horizontal and vertical ...
- Calculus - another question - "Find the absolute minimum value of the function f...
- Maths - Please, I still need help with this. I need to make tables of values for...