Posted by Hoa on Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 11:26pm.
Rewrite the following sentencesto make them effective and precise.
1. The newspaper reported about how the hostages in Jolo were rescued.
The newspaper reported about the hostages' rescue.
2. In actual fact, he posed as a policeman to extort money from the old lady.
He pretended to be a policeman in order to take the old lady's money.
3. he was told that that particular mistake should not reoccur again in his writing.
he was told that he would not make the same mistake again in his writing.
4. it is several months ago since he visited his grandparents.
he has not seen his grandparents for a long time.
5. The information was true as at the time of publication.
The information was true when it was published.
6. As from Monday next week, classes ill begin twenty minutes earlier.
Starting next Monday, classes will begin twenty minutes earlier.
7. he advised them as to how to behave on the Speech Day.
he told them how to behave for Speech Day.
8. The group of boys approached the teacher at a time when the teacher was busy.
The boys approached the teacher while she was distracted.
9. At this moment in time, there are no problems at our school.
Currently, our school has no problems.
10. he plays badminton on a regular basis.
he plays badminton regularly.
Is this ok, so far?
Answer this Question
3 grade english - rewrite the sentence, adding the missing helping verb. (in the...
English - Rewrite the following fragments to make a complete sentence. 1. Have ...
English - The following sentence contains a dangling or misplaced modifier. ...
french - Rewrite the following statements using negation. 1.) Il parle espagnol...
english - can you pl rewrite the following sentence 1.the glass broke because ...
english - rewrite the following sentences : Marco polo made many discoveries.The...
highschool english - Rewrite the following sentences using vivid adjectives and ...
English - Rewrite the following sentences,focusing on the grammar area if it ...
english - The trailer measures nine feet by forty feet. how do I rewrite this to...
english - I have to rewrite sentences using a pronoun as a suject compliment and...