Posted by Aria on Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 7:26pm.
If the profit equation for the monthly sales of tile sets is P = -x^2 + 56x - 300, how do I find the number of tiles that yeilds the most profit.
x=number of tile sets. The amount of money for costs each month is set at $300.
I saw an answer as 28 tile sets would yeild the highest profit but I don't understand why that is the answer, if it is.
Could you help me? Thanks so much.
Algebra - Damon, Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 8:24pm
x^2 -56 x = -p - 300
complete the square to find vertex of parabola
x^2 -56 x + 784 = -p +484
(x-28)^2 = - (p-484)
vertex (max of p) is at (28,484)
Algebra - Aria, Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 9:12pm
Why does this explain the highest yeild?
It sounds like what you did was on a graph and you found the highest points
Algebra - Linda, Monday, November 14, 2011 at 2:25pm
-4x^3 + 24x^2 – 24x + 4 by x^2 – 5x + 1
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - I was wondering if I had number 2 correct; the only way to know the ...
- Algebra - Sorry, it didn't paste the first time, I was wondering if I got these ...
- ALGEBRA - The profit made from the sale of tiles is found by subtracting the ...
- ALGEBRA - I HAVE TO SOLVE THE FOLLOWING PROBLEMS FOR AN ALGEBRA ASSIGNMENT DUE ...
- Algebra - The costs of doing business for a company can be found by adding fixed...
- Algebra - The profit made from the sale of tiles is found by subtracting the ...
- Math - 1. In this problem, we analyze the profit found for sales of decorative ...
- algebra - Let cost = 600.00 fixed costs x = set of tiles $11.00 find the profit ...
- math - 1. In this problem, we analyze the profit found for sales of decorative ...
- Algebra - 1.In this problem, we will analyze the profit found for sales of ...