posted by Priya .
Please check my work.
Which word is correct?
1. I think (there, their, they're) son is the quarterback of the team. ---> "there"
2. The strom didn't have as much (affect, effect) on our community as it did no others. ---> effect
3. He is much bigger (than, then) remember him being. ---> "than"
4. The (principle, principal) of the school graduated with my sister. ---> "principal"
5. You have no choice but to (accept, except) this decision. ---> "accept"
6. When I got home, my parents had (already, allready) left. ---> "already"
7. The streets surrounding the (capital, capitol) will be closed today. ---> "capital"
8. Did you win or (loose, lose) the game? ---> "lose"
9. She performed (good, well) on the balance beam. ---> "good"
10. These colors (complement, compliment) each other well. ---> "complement"
(Note: I’m not confident with #3 & #4 choice).
Re-think 1 and 9.
For 8, is the city meant? or the building?
Sorry, I made a mistake for #1, the correct answer is -
I think (there, their, they're) son is the quarterback of the team. ---> "there"
She performed (good, well) on the balance beam. ---> "well"
(In this sentence well is an adverb that modifying the verb "performed")
You're right about 9. She performed well.
For # 1, consider these examples:
There are many players on the team.
I live over there.
Their house has white siding.
Have you seen their dog?
They're going to Disney World.
I think they're awesome!
What about capitol and capital?
Sorry I made the same mistake again for #1
I think (there, their, they're) son is the quarterback of the team. ---> "their"
"Their" is a 3rd person pronoun, but in this sentence it used as a possessive adjective.
The streets surrounding the (capital, capitol) will be closed today. ---> “capitol
"Capital is the name of the most important city in the country. (2) You start a sentence with a capital letter or name a proper noun with a capital letter. (3) The capital of a bussiness.
1. Georgetown is the capital of Guyana.
2. My name is Mithra.
3. The money that you have when u start a business.
“Capitol” refers to a building in which a legislative assemble meets.
E.g. Parliament building
Yes! Your answers are right now.
Thank you Ms. Sue and Writeacher.