Posted by vedrana on Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 11:16am.
Which type of high speed memory is common to almost all personal computers?
is a) correct answer?thank you
- introduction to computers - Writeacher, Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 11:18am
What did you learn from the links Sra posted yesterday when you asked this identical question??
- introduction to computers - vedrana, Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 11:34am
i am not sure L1 OR L2,it could be L1
- introduction to computers - vedrana, Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 11:37am
this is litle bit hard for me because is second language
- introduction to computers - MathMate, Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 7:27pm
a. is correct.
L1,L2... stand for Level 1 cache, Level 2 cache, etc.
A cache memory is a high speed memory that stores information that is used over and over again. This way, the computer's central processing unit (CPU) does not have to wait for the information to be loaded from slower memory, or even the disk.
Level 1 cache is built in, and becomes part of the CPU chip, so it is almost always present in a personal computer. It is usually very fast static memory that does not require frequent refreshing (hence less time lost).
Level 2 cache can be present as a separate memory chip, or at times also built into the processor. This way, most personal computers almost always contain L2 memory.
Level 3 is slower, and usually has a larger capacity.
Level 4 memory is even larger and slower. However, a the benefits of a huge cache is doubtful. Therefore the presence of L4 memory in personal computers is not guaranteed.
- introduction to computers - gloria, Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 10:00am
Answer this Question
- introduction to computers - Which type of high speed memory is common to almost ...
- Computer Literacy - 2. Which of the following components was a significant ...
- Math - Im having trouble getting the correct answer to this question. Could ...
- Introduction to Computers - what type of memory or storage device is prone to ...
- computers - Suppose Fred's Computers advertises that their new computer comes ...
- computers - what computers can do?what computers cannot do?what are the ...
- computers - discuss several ways computers are integrated into our business and ...
- computer - what is the cost: performance: reliability: size: installed in ...
- Computers - Most personal computers are equipped with a version of the Windows ...
- Math - The first modern electronic computer, called ENIAC, was introduced in ...