Posted by Sharon on Thursday, July 14, 2011 at 2:44pm.
I need someone to check my answers, to make sure that I have answered them correctly.
My answers are marked with xxxx next to my choice out of the four choices.
1. Edwin is doing his doctoral work in the area of gifted education. One of the major contributors to this field, Stanford University researcher _____________, designed a longitudinal study that traced the development of unusually intelligent children.
G. Stanley Hall
Lewis M. Terman xxxx My Choice
2. In fertilization, the male and the female gametes combine to create a single cell called a(n) ____________, which then duplicates itself again and again to become a baby.
zygote xxxx My Choice
3. _________________, taking a psychoanalytic perspective on child development, was concerned with unconscious forces that motivate human behavior.
Sigmund Freud xxxx My Choice
Erik H. Erikson
John B. Watson
4. An 8-month-old fetus is ___18-20_________ inches long and weighs ____5-7________ pounds.
18–20; 5–7 xxxx My Choice
5. The science that specializes in the birth of babies is called
obstetrics xxxx My Choice
6. J. P. and his wife Alex believe that the "medicalization" of childbirth has had both social and emotional costs for both the mother and the baby. Which of the following is NOT a birthing style that has grown to address these concerns?
home births attended by midwives
freestanding home birthing centers
hospital "birthing rooms" that provide soft lights, family involvement, and rooming-in
in-vitro fertilization in a doctor's office xxxx My Choice
7. Which of the following statements is NOT one of the three basic issues that theorists address in explaining child development?
Assessing the relative weight of heredity and environment
Determining whether children are active or passive in their own development
Observing whether development is continuous or occurs in stages
Viewing all development as culturally determined xxxx My Choice
8. Sperm are produced by the ______________ at a rate of several hundred million a day and are ejaculated in the semen during sexual climax.
testes xxxx My Choice
9. When she was one year old, Suzi had a vocabulary of 10 words. Now, at two years of age, she has a vocabulary of over 100 words. This reflects a(n) __________ developmental change.
quantitative xxxx My Choice
10. A theory is a set of
logically related statements seeking to describe, explain, and predict human behavior. xxxx My Choice
facts derived from research.
predictions about future outcomes.
opinions of a well-known authority in a field.
11. The cognitive approach focuses on
how children learn language and related skills
how children learn the social skills of their culture
how children form opinions
how children receive, organize, and use information xxxx My Choice
12. According to Erikson’s theory of psychosocial development, a preschooler demonstrates initiative vs. guilt when
he treats his toy as if it were alive
she runs ahead of her mother, then looks back to see if that’s OK xxxxMy Choice
she steps on an ant hill and laughs delightedly
he cries from a nightmare
13. Which term describes the principle of prenatal development in which the sequence of growth is from the head to the feet?
proximodistal xxxx My Choice
top to bottom
14. Jenna and Mike very much want to have a child and have been trying unsuccessfully to conceive for more than 6 months. They have been referred to a reproductive endocrinologist, who recommends trying a fertility drug, although the drug is known to increase the likelihood of having triplets and higher-order multiple births. The increased risks associated with multiple births include which of the following?
higher infant death rates
all of these xxxx My Choice
15. The portion of the embryonic disk that eventually becomes the digestive system and the respiratory system is the
endoderm. xxxx My Choice
16. At-risk infants (e.g. low birth weight)
may have developmental problems even if interventions are used xxxxMy Choice
will catch up with their peers even if there are no interventions
can catch up with and surpass their peers if given deliberate interventions
cannot become productive citizens
17. Adolescence as a separate stage of development was
considered by scientists in the fifteenth century.
not considered until the twentieth century. xxxx My Choice
first considered by Freud.
discussed in Hall's book SENESCENCE.
18. One thing that is evident at the end of the first month of gestation is that
blood is flowing through very small veins and arteries in the embryo.(xxxx)
facial parts of the embryo are clearly developed.
kicking can be felt by the mother.
the embryo looks like a small-scale baby.
19. Julie and Adam McGraw learned in their prenatal classes that the first stage of the birth process is the longest, and for Julie, who is having her first child, it will generally last about ____________ hours.
12 xxxx My Choice
20. At birth, the mother and child begin a process of
bonding xxxx My Choice
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Statistics - Over time, a student analyzes her ability to guess correctly after ...
- Probability - You have a 5-question multiple-choice test. Each question has four...
- Algebra Probability PLEASE HELP - You have a 5-question multiple-choice test. ...
- statistics - Bill has completed a 10-question multiple-choice test on which he ...
- Early Child Ed. - Would you please check these questions and my answers to make ...
- stats - If a student answers 40 multiple choice questions, each with four ...
- math, probability 4th grade - please check my answers and problem at the end , ...
- Math - I am not sure which questions I got wrong but I am not getting the link ...
- Statistics - A 10 question test is all multiple choice. Each question has four ...
- Math - I need someone to check and go over my answers to make sure they are ...