Posted by StuartKess on Wednesday, July 13, 2011 at 6:51am.
Mr smith flight took off at Vancouver at local time 1335. The flight was bounded for Sydney via hongkong. After 16.5h flight, mr smith reached hongkong at 1505 local time on the same day. The plane took off again after 2h 20min. The plane landed in sydney at local time 0245 the next day. If the time in Sydney is 2h ahead of hongkong, find
(a) the time difference between Vancouver and hongkong
(b) the flight time from hongkong to Sydney
Math - Reiny, Wednesday, July 13, 2011 at 8:58am
Let the time between V and HK be x hours
15:05 + x - 13:36 = 16:30
1:30 + x = 16:30 , ----- (15:05-13:36 = 14:65-13:36 = 1:30 )
x = 15:00
so the time between Vancouver and HongKong is 15 hrs.
For the second leg, the plane took off from HK at
17:25 , --- (15:05+2:20 = 17:25)
which would have been 19:25 Sydney time
but the Sydney time was 02:45 the next day,
or 26:45 based on the previous day
length of last flight = 26:45 - 19:25 = 7:20
so the flight from HK to S took 7:20 hrs
Math - StuartKess, Thursday, July 14, 2011 at 8:03am
How do I get 13:36 ?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Could someone help me with these questions? Thanks! a) A cargo plane left...
- math - John was the first US astronaut to orbit Earth. His 3 orbit flight took 4...
- Physics - An airplane is travelling from Vancouver to Toronto following the jet ...
- science - PLEASE HELP! The 24 hr flight took place in the middle of the summer,...
- Physics/ Biomechanics - Compare the vertical jump heights obtained using the ...
- Precalculus - 1.A plane takes off at an angle of 6 degrees traveling at the rate...
- math - If plane A took off in Chicago at 4:00pm and went 326mph the whole time, ...
- Math - azmin decided to get some exercise by taking the stairs from the first to...
- algebra - An airplane encountered a head wind during a flight between Joppetown ...
- phys - A plane takes off at St. Louis, flies straight to Denver, and then ...