Posted by Rachel on Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 2:17pm.
I am having troubles finding all 10 mistakes and need some help.
Inpatient Progress Report
Attending Physician: Moreover, Cindy
Patient: Stephen R. Peters
CHIEF COMPLAINT: This 53-year-old man visited the outpatient clinic for dyspnea and recurrent coughing.
HISTORY OF PRESENT ILLNESS: This patient has a long history of Chronic Constructive Pulmonary Disease (CODP). He was treated for bronchitis and afonia twice last year. Nebulizer treatments are conducted in the home 3 times a day and at every clinic visit. There is a productive cough with spudum being mucopurulent however airway is patent. Chest X-ray (CXR) indicates possible fluid in the lower left lobe of the lung. A Chest Computed Tomography (CT) Scan reveals a suspicious lesion in the left lower lobe of the lung with diffuse interstitial fibrotic lesions. Pulmonary Function Test (PFT) reveal lower measurement in breathing from last visit and Pulse Oximetry indicates 91 percent oxygen saturation with 142 heartbeats per minute. In May 2007, the patient underwent a sleep study, was diagnosed with severe sleep eupnea and prescribed a CPAP ventolator to be used during any sleep period.
Over the last 10 dailys, the patient has had at least 25 episodes of dyspnea; all relieved by a bronchodilator inhaler. Most recent episode of dysphnea was yesterday and the prescribed inhaler gave no relief for almost 15 minutes before subsiding to another puff of the inhaler. He went to the emergency room (ER) yesterday for a nebulizer and parioxysm treatment. This patient is a current smoker and indicates a consumption of 2-3 packs of cigarettes per day and has not discussed the need to stop at this point.
PHYSICAL EXAM: On exam today, blood pressure is 158/92. He has tachycardia with a pulse of 152. He is in no acute distress. Crackles heard in lungs with little air exchange in both right and left sides. Small air movement on the right lower lobe and no movement in the left lower lobe of the lungs can be heard. There is no edema or distention of neck veins.
- Med terms - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 2:24pm
This is what I found in the first few lines:
COPD = Chronic OBSTRUCTIVE Pulmonary Disorder
Spudum = SPUTUM
being mucopurulent however airway is patent. >> Runon sentence
Which other errors have you found?
- Med terms - Rachel, Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 2:27pm
- Med terms - Rachel, Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 2:30pm
- Med terms - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 2:51pm
Looks good. Here's another:
parioxysm = PAROXYSM
- Med terms - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 6:30pm
You might like one of my dictionaries online:
- Med terms - Sandy , Monday, September 5, 2011 at 2:14pm
- Med terms - Leslie, Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 1:47pm
Afonia-Aphonia (?) Aphonia is the loss of voice and would make sense in this report. I'm not sure why people keep suggesting pneumonia.
- Med terms - Byron, Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 1:51pm
Chest Computed Tomography I think should be "X-ray Computed Tomography", but I'm not sure.
- Med terms - Teacher, Tuesday, March 27, 2012 at 1:51pm
Pretty sure this is cheating but the funny thing is you are getting wrong advice.
- Med terms - Michelle, Tuesday, October 23, 2012 at 10:55am
- Med terms - andrea, Monday, November 12, 2012 at 9:37pm
spudum = sputum
CODP = COPD
AFONIA = APHONIA
CHRONIC CONSTRUCTIVE PULMONARY DISEASE = CHRONIC OBSTRUCTIVE PULMONARY DISEASE
DOT = DOB
EUPNEA = APENA
VENTOLATOR = VENTILATOR
DYSPHNEA = DYSPNEA
PARIOXYSM = PAROXYSM
DAILYS = DAYS
- Med terms - Christina, Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 10:10pm
When I took this class, I went with the word distention. It is spelled wrong. It is suppose to be distension. I don't remember what my grade was but you can try that one too. I could be wrong but I just wanted to throw something out there.
- Med terms - Little Birdie, Tuesday, April 23, 2013 at 5:21pm
Andrea is CORRECT!!! 100%
- Med terms - Tina, Thursday, June 13, 2013 at 10:21pm
Andrea is not 100% right.
left lower lobe = lower left lobe (LLL)
- Med terms - sandra, Saturday, July 6, 2013 at 6:15pm
I find nine(9)words, but I need ten (10) I do not know what I am missing. But I am missing a word and place my finger on it.
Dob chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
So what is I missing here?!
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- med. terminology - i am having some trouble, i have found some of the mistake ...
- Health/ Basic Clinical Procedures - please check mey answer thanks which of the ...
- health - The hospital inpatient record documents the care and treatment received...
- health - The patient, 78-year-old female with NIDDM, is seen in the physician’s ...
- Medical Terminology - A 15-year old female patient has experienced daily nausea ...
- ENGLISH - Would someone please check my work. Thank you. Rewrite each sentence ...
- Pathology 2 - Examine the Edward Newman Health Record to identify the patient's ...
- health - Who is the only person who can authenticate the information in a ...
- health - According to the AMA, what is a key reason behind a physician’s duty of...
- Health - Who is the only person who can authenticate the information in a ...