Posted by Paul on Monday, July 11, 2011 at 3:15pm.
I always thought Ustedes meant "they." I've also heard it as "you all (plural)". So when a question being given has the Uds. conjugation of the infinitive, are we suppose to answer back in the Uds. form or nosotros form?
A que hora van a salir Uds? (accent on que)
Would you respond by:
1. Saldremos a las seis
2. Saldran a las seis (accent on saldran)
I'm learning future and conditional tenses. Thank you
Spanish - SraJMcGin, Monday, July 11, 2011 at 3:21pm
Ustedes actually is equivalent to "you all" but uses the 3rd person plural form of the verb, just like "they."
Answering a question in Spanish CAN be tricky, but if you take the following steps, you can't miss.
1. Look at the Spanish: ¿A qué hora van a salir Uds.?
2. What does it mean in English? "At what time are you-all going to leave?"
3. Answer FIRST in English: "We are going to leave at 6."
4. NOW, put that into Spanish: "
Vamos a salir OR Saldremos a las seis."
Another way to check your answer is to work "backwards" and try to come up with the question that got that answer.
1. Saldremeos a las seis.
2. We will leave at 6.
3. (At) What time are you going to leave?
4. Back to the original question.
The only problem with a question such as this "What time are WE doing to leave?": a) are you in the same group as the person asking the question? Then you answer with "We will leave" But b) are you NOT in the group asking the question? Then you will answer with: "Ustedes saldrán..."
That explanation may be far more than you need, because, happily, you had no trouble with this one!
Spanish - Ricardo, Thursday, July 14, 2011 at 9:13am
Saldremos a las seis or Vamos a salir a las seis, or
Saldrán a las seis or Van a salir a las seis.
Only remember that is more common ask:
¿A qué hora van a salir?
with the two interrogation marks, do not forget to use both, and without ustedes (Uds.).
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- spanish - "Mañana vamos a ver el último partido del campeonato de béisbol. ¿...
- Spanish-8th grade - I had to use the past tense of either poder or saber to ...
- Spanish please help - I have no idea how to do these. Will somebody please help...
- Spanish 1 - Venden Uds. frutas? No, aqui nosotros ____ ropa.
- spanish - How do I answer the following question: Les hizo Ricardo los ...
- spanish - 1. The "tú"form of you is used: A all the time B as a sign of respect...
- Spanish III Part 2 - Write the correct conjugation of the verb in the preterite ...
- SPANISH 2 HELP - Will someone check my anwsers? Thanks ¿Quién te sacó estas ...
- Spanish 2 - I need help picking the rightsentence form? Thanks ¿Quién te sacó ...
- spanish - Subjunctive, infinitive, or indicative??? can anyone please correct me...