Posted by Amanda on Monday, July 11, 2011 at 2:50pm.
Question about American party organizations:
A. are about to die out
B. Are more powerful today than any time in history
C. are still, important but their role in campaigns is secondary to that of candidates
D. are unimportant in the political system today
Is this answer correct?
C.American organizations are still important, but their role in campaigns is secondary to that of canidates.
I am torn between the answer being A. and C. because when I read the chapter they both seem like the answer.
I am having trouble understanding the question in my college book. Thank you
- American Government - Ms. Sue, Monday, July 11, 2011 at 3:05pm
I don't think either of your answers is correct.
Think about the virtual stagnation of Congress because of partisan conflicts. Think about the strong influence of the Tea Party.
- American Government - Walter, Wednesday, July 13, 2011 at 1:00pm
The answer is C. I just finished this course.
- American Government - Anonymous, Tuesday, April 30, 2013 at 1:46am
Proportional representation systems like those in Western Europe encourage the formation of smaller parties by enabling parties to:
A. win legislative seats even though they do not receive a majority of votes in elections.
B. receive campaign funds from government in proportion to their support in opinion polls.
C. win legislative seats by lottery for parties that have no chance of winning majority support.
D. share in patronage appointments which serve as an incentive to lure campaign workers.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- History - I have a question about American imperialsim. The American belief in ...
- american government - Campaign spending tends to be greatly more important: a)...
- government-pos110 - Which of the following characterizes the differences between...
- social science - what are the effects of the declaration of independence and its...
- American Government - "In politics, a political party acts as a 'bonding agent...
- American Gov't - These are the problems I had difficulty with out of 35! 1.)...
- us history - "the american war is over, but this is far from being the case with...
- English - Identify the sentence that is punctuated correctly. A. Boston, ...
- American Government - Which of the following does not today fit into any of the ...
- HIstory HELp!! - Please help with history? I have a project where I have to find...