Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, July 10, 2011 at 11:40pm.
A manufacturer makes two products A and B, each of which is processed in two departments, production and finishing. Each A takes 3 hours to produce and six hours to finish, whereas each B takes 5 hours to produce and 2 hours to finish. How many units of A and B can be produced and finished if exactly 24 hours are available in each department and all hours must be used?
**I know the answer is 8 but i dont know how to do it and create the equation to get to that answer. **
- Math - Reiny, Sunday, July 10, 2011 at 11:54pm
Let the number of A's be x
let the number of B's be y
for the production: 3x + 5y = 24
for the finishing : 6x + 2y = 24
double the first and subtract the 2nd
8y = 24
y = 3
sub back into the 1st:
3x + 15 = 24
x = 3
So they must make 3 A's and 3 B's
check: to product A takes 9 hours, to produce B takes 15 hours for a total of 24 in production.
to finish A takes 18 hrs, and it takes 6 hrs for B for a total of 24 hrs to finish.
my answer checks out.
I have not clue how or from where you got 8.
8 what? it makes no sense.
- Math - Anonymous, Monday, March 9, 2015 at 1:24am
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - A manufacturer makes two products A and B, each of which is processed in ...
- linear equations - A manufacturer makes two products A and B, each of which is ...
- System of Linear Equations - A manufacturer makes two products A and B, each of...
- help making equations - Superbats, Inc., manufactures two different quality of ...
- math - a manufacturer markets 2 products. each unit of Product A requires 3 ...
- math - A company makes two products , namely X and Y. Each product must be ...
- Algebra 2 (Linear Programming) - A bicycle builder makes two models. The basic ...
- Algebra 2 - A bicycle builder makes two models. The basic model requires 2 hours...
- linear programming - A manufacturer produces two items, bookcases and library ...
- math - A manufacturer produces a 4-cup and 8-cup coffee maker. The 4-cup maker ...