Posted by molality--->molarity on Sunday, July 10, 2011 at 6:17pm.
what is the Molarity (M) of a 0.87m aqueous solution of ammonia, NH3?
The density of the solution is 0.823 g/mL.
Answer: 0.71 M
So I have:
0.823 g H2O+NH3/1 ml H2O+NH3
17.034 g NH3/1 mol
18.016 g H2O/1 mol
0.87 mol NH3/1 kg H2O
I've tried this several ways and I can't seem to separate to moles of NH3 from kg of H20 or isolate the number of Liters of H20.
I know (through calculations) that there are also 823 g NH3+H2O/L NH3+H2O
and 23.48 mol NH3+H2O/L NH3+H2O.
Any help on where to go would be appreciated.
chemistry - bobpursley, Sunday, July 10, 2011 at 6:38pm
Nuts to what you did.
You have.87m, which assume 1000 ml of solution, or using density,
masssolution= 823 g, but now, one has to get the mass of the solute.
Now, some algebra.
17 is mole mass of NH3...
well, kgsolvent is 823-mass solute, put that in, and solve for mass solute.
chemistry - sara, Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 4:35am
how ccan i make nh4oh from nh3?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - from the balanced equation 4NH3 +7O2 - 4NO2 + 6H2O How many ...
- chem - Calculate the equilibrium concentration of NH3,Cu^2+,[ Cu(NH3)]^2+ ,[Cu(...
- college chem - The cation M2+ reacts with NH3 to form a series of complex ions ...
- Chemistry - I'm trying to work out the equation for when ammonia solution is ...
- Dr.Bob - A 100.0 mL sample of 0.05 M NH3 is titrated with 0.10 M HCl. Determine ...
- Honors Chemistry - "How many grams of NH3 can be produced from the reaction of ...
- chemistry - 50.0 mL of a 0.00200 M Cd^2+ solution is titrated with 0.00400 M ...
- Chemistry - Ammonia (NH3) boils at -33oC; at this temperature it has a density ...
- Chemistry - in an experiment, ammonia gas, NH3(g) was bubbled through distilled ...
- Chemistry - Based on the following balanced equation: 2 NH3 + 2 O2 -->N2O + 3...