Posted by Jen on Thursday, July 7, 2011 at 11:40pm.
The National Association for Women in Science asked recent high school grads if they had taken certain science classes. Of those surveyed, 23 said they had taken physics, 47 said they had taken chemistry and 5 said they had taken both. Seven said they had taken neither. How many recent high school grads were surveyed?
MATH - Reiny, Friday, July 8, 2011 at 12:19am
use Venn diagrams.
draw two intersecting circles, label one P , the other C
place 5 in the intersection of the two circles
place 18 in the P circle outside the intersection, (notice you have a total of 23 in P)
place 42 in the C circle outside the intersection,
(notice you have a total of 47 in C)
add them up: 18+5+42 = 65
N(P OR C) = N(P) + N(C) - N(P AND C)
MATH - Jen, Friday, July 8, 2011 at 12:23am
hmmmmmm im kind of getting it.....but for some reason when i did it my answer was 72....geometry is not my best subject haha
MATH - Ron, Friday, July 8, 2011 at 5:22am
72 is right. Reiny forgot to add 7 who said they had taken neither.
65 + 7 = 72
MATH - Anonymous, Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 12:51pm
succ my dicc bkitches
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - The National Association for Women in Science asked recent high school ...
- math - The National Association for Women in Science asked recent high school ...
- geometry - The National Association for Women in Scienc asked recent high school...
- math - Irina asked five of her students how many of the five of them had studied...
- MATH URGENT!!!! - An investigator was interested in studying the effect of ...
- English - Can you please see if everything is correct? Thank you. 1) She said ...
- English - Can someone check this for me please. Report these spoken remarks to a...
- Algebra - Slim Johnson was usually the best free-throw shooter on his basketball...
- science - i have a joke my science teacher asked my lab partner what is the ...
- MATH - Allyne said that she had 8/5 of pizza left from the party. Billy said ...