Posted by CC on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 10:42pm.
Provide an appropraite response.
If y varies inversly as the 4th power of x and y=3 when x=2, what is y when x=0.5?
If Q varies inversly as the sqaure root of R and Q=2 whe R=4, what is Q when R is 25?
- Algebra 2 - Reiny, Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 10:58pm
y = k(1/x^4)
when x=2, y=3
3 = k(1/16) ---> k = 48
equation: y = 48/x^4
when y = .5
.5 = 48/x^4
x^4 = 96
y = 96^(1/4) = 2(6^(1/4) or appr. 3.13
you try the second one, using the same method
Q = k/√R
- Algebra 2 - CC, Thursday, July 7, 2011 at 12:42pm
is the second one R=625?
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- college algebra - u varies inversly as n
- Chemistry-check answers - The volume V of a gas varies inversly as pressure P is...
- Math - Write an equation: x varies directly as y and inversly directly to the ...
- math - t varies directly as the square root of l. If l=81, then t=10 what is the...
- math - a variable y varies directly as the square root of a varies x,and equals ...
- Math - DIRECT VARIATION 1. a is directly proportional to b.If a=15,then b=9 2. m...
- Algebra II - 1. If y varies directly as x, and y=30 when x=4, find the constant ...
- precalculus - the variable j varies jointly as the square of h and as the cube ...
- Pre-Algebra - If y varies directly with x, find the constant of variation with x...
- Math102 - If x varies directly as y and y varies inversely as the square of z. ...