Posted by Henry2 on .
I forgot to include the following sentences. Thank you.
1) Which authors, among the ones you studied this year, was born in Ireland?
Can you make a distinction between the Wildean dandy and the bohemian? How does the Wildean dandy distinguish himself from the bohemian?
2) A distinction should be made between the Wildean dandy and the bohemian.
3) While the former allies himself to the masses, the urban proletariat, the latter is a bourgeois artist, who, in spite of his uneasiness, remains a member of his class.
4) He is an aristocrat who uses his wit to shock , and is an individualist who demands absolute freedom. Since life was meant for pleasure, and pleasure was an indulgence in the beautiful, beautiful clothes, beautiful talks, delicious food, and handsome boys were Wilde’s main interests.
5) He affirmed in the Preface of (to?) his novel “There is no such thing as a moral or immoral book. Books are well written or badly written. That is all”.
6) In this way he rejected the didacticism that had characterized the Victorian novel in the first half of the century.
4. "He" = who??
delete comma after "shock"
5. "to" is better
period BEFORE ending quotation marks when the enclosed is a complete sentence.
6. comma after "way"