Posted by alexa on Sunday, July 3, 2011 at 11:23pm.
I have a question based off of the response to the question I posted below. Sorry, i wanted to make sure that i clearly understood,so My question about the third solution is: Is the horizontal force zero N? or is it 721.3N?
A dragster and driver together have mass 918.8 kg. The dragster,starting from rest,attains a speed of 25.8 m/s in .53s .
Find the average acceleration of the dragsters during this time interval. Answer in units of m/s^2.
What is the size of the average force on the dragster during this time interval?
Assume the driver has a mass of 73.6kg. What horizontal force does the seat exert on the driver?
Here is my work,but i dont know if i did it correctly:
physics - Henry, Sunday, July 3, 2011 at 6:14pm
a = 25.8 / 53 = 0.487m/s
F = 918.8*0.487 = 447.5N.
Fd = mg = 73.6kg * 9.8N/kg = 721.3N.
The angle between seat and hor = 0 deg.
Fh = 721.3sin(0) = 0 Newtons.
Fv = 721.3cos(0) = 721.3N = ver. force of driver.
- physics - Damon, Monday, July 4, 2011 at 2:40am
Your method is correct.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- DrBob222-re: chem question - Sorry, I did make an error when I posted the ...
- physics - I have a question based off of the response to the question I posted ...
- Math - Whoever can help with a question I posted earlier. I am very sorry; I put...
- calorimetry - please, someone answer my question i posted already I answered ...
- science - I was just wondering! I posted a question for you all at 12:01 today. ...
- philosophy - I have to write a paper on the below posted question. Can anyone ...
- algebra 1 - Reiny I posted a question earlier (about 3:00) and I have a question...
- To Chemistry question/Sonny - I posted a response to your question from Thursday...
- Biology - I had a Bio lab about gel electrophoresis and PCR. for each lab, we ...
- chemsitry - home / study / questions and answers / science / chemistry / make ...