Posted by keyy on Sunday, July 3, 2011 at 5:43pm.
revenue from ticket sales: 4x(x+6)
cost of band: 5x(x-4)
profit: 160 (given in thousands, use 160)
1.the equation to determine profit id revenue-cost=profit. write the equation that explains the profit made last year. be certaiin to combine like terms.
if you graphed this equation, would the graph open up or down? how could you telll without grapahing?
2. if you graphed this would it be open up or down & how could you tell without graphing?
3. given the shape of the graph what happened to ticket sales as time passed?
4. given the equation you arrived at in question1 what 2 days were the break evenpoints for ticket sales.
5.at what day did the peak oof profit from ticket sales occur?
6. at that day, what was the profit from ticket sales?
7. what was the vertex of the graphrd lines?
8. logical conclusion: as you look at the graph, what day do you believe the committee shouldhave stopped attempting to sell tickets? Explain.
algebra 2 - Damon, Sunday, July 3, 2011 at 6:08pm
4x(x+6) - 5x(x-4) = p
4 x^2 + 24 x - 5 x^2 + 20 x = p
-x^2 + 44 x = p
x^2 -44 x = -p
as x gets big, the x^2 term dominates and profit is negative. Therefore the parabola opens down (sheds water)
3. sales increase with x. but band costs increase faster.
4. the profit is zero when x = 0 and when x = 44
5. find vertex by completing square
x^2 - 44 x + 22^2 = -p + 484
(x-22)^2 = - (p-484)
so at x = 22
6, then the profit was 484
7. That is the vertex (22,484)
8. at 22 days the profit is maximum.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - In the community you live, you have been asked to serve on the ...
- Business Calculus - A company has operating costs of $2000 per thousand items ...
- Calculus - So there is no way profit = price x quantity demanded because I have ...
- Algebra - Based on surveys conducted in your area, you determine that it is ...
- Algebra - Gymnast Clothing manufactures expensive soccer cleats for sale to ...
- Math - your profit P is determine by subtracting the cost C(the amount of money ...
- math - Hello! I came across the following two problems that appear easy but I ...
- algerbra 1 - 4. Your profit P is determined by subtracting the cost C, the ...
- Algebra - The profit made from the sale of tiles is found by subtracting the ...
- business Calc - A real estate developer would like to analyze his revenue,cost ...